"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #11
Head Chef
 
Kaneohegirlinaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Posts: 1,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Looks deeeeelish Kgirl! I love chicken katsu..tell us about your quick kim chee!

It's been in the 80's today so I'm grilling a tri tip and marinated veggies in my grill basket (mushrooms, onions, yellow squash, and red bell pepper). We'll have baked potatoes too.
I have that in my other computer, I'll post that for you later,
it's so good! I think we have this side dish maybe 2-3 a week.
__________________

__________________
My Kitchen In The Middle Of The Desert ~ Wait, What? This Isn't Hawaii?
https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/
Kaneohegirlinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #12
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,245
Knocked myself out yesterday making last night's supper and tonight's. After all my pre-vacation errand running today, it was very nice to come home to a vat of soup.

Tonight's feast was Black Bean Soup with Ham Hock. Except that the grocery store didn't have any hocks, so I subbed in a small smoked pork shoulder. It still turned out yummy.

Himself's birthday (66, so his Social Security benefits start! ) is today. As I was running errands I tried to decide which bakery to stop at since I hadn't had a chance to bake. Then I figured since he isn't a big sweets eater I would get something else. Brought home a half rack of smoked ribs from a great rib joint two towns over. He loved his "dessert"!
__________________

__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #13
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Knocked myself out yesterday making last night's supper and tonight's. After all my pre-vacation errand running today, it was very nice to come home to a vat of soup.

Tonight's feast was Black Bean Soup with Ham Hock. Except that the grocery store didn't have any hocks, so I subbed in a small smoked pork shoulder. It still turned out yummy.

Himself's birthday (66, so his Social Security benefits start! ) is today. As I was running errands I tried to decide which bakery to stop at since I hadn't had a chance to bake. Then I figured since he isn't a big sweets eater I would get something else. Brought home a half rack of smoked ribs from a great rib joint two towns over. He loved his "dessert"!
Happy Birthday to you Himself!
Tie a bow around your waist CG, for his best dessert.
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,092
Happy birthday to CG's Himself!

We both decided we wanted a salad, so went to a little place that serves a decent salad bar and some great gyros. We have plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #15
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
I have that in my other computer, I'll post that for you later,
it's so good! I think we have this side dish maybe 2-3 a week.
Can't wait to see the recipe!
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #16
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,297
Happy birthday, Himself!

Dinner tonight was an In 'N Out burger and a root beer. Went down to the city with family today and we really wanted to go to our favorite family restaurant, BJ's, but there was a 20 minute wait to get seated and grandson was getting sleepy.

That burger was good, though. It's been 2 years since I've been to In 'N Out and I enjoyed every bite.
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:03 AM   #17
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Happy birthday, Himself!

Dinner tonight was an In 'N Out burger and a root beer. Went down to the city with family today and we really wanted to go to our favorite family restaurant, BJ's, but there was a 20 minute wait to get seated and grandson was getting sleepy.

That burger was good, though. It's been 2 years since I've been to In 'N Out and I enjoyed every bite.
Ohmygosh, is there anything better than an In n Out burger?? Our nearest one is 15 miles away and sometimes nothing else will do! Too bad the rest of the country doesn't know what a really good fast food burger can be!!
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:38 AM   #18
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,245
Thanks for the birthday wishes for Himself! I have to admit that the ribs were a real hit.
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #19
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Ohmygosh, is there anything better than an In n Out burger?? Our nearest one is 15 miles away and sometimes nothing else will do! Too bad the rest of the country doesn't know what a really good fast food burger can be!!
For sure, Kay! They've been in business since the 40's for a reason! They are the only fast food place I've tried that has food as fresh as they do. Their burger patties are ground from chuck roasts, that's it, none of that restructured crap, no fillers, and delivered daily. Fries don't come to the stores frozen and packaged, they are cut up from whole potatoes by hand in each store. No franchises, they start their employees out at well over minimum wage and train them well, no top-out in salaries, and great benefits including medical, dental and 401K, even for part time employees.

Our nearest one is 90 miles away, so I don't get there often, but have never been disappointed. They've branched out to several other southwestern states over the past few years, btw, not just in CA anymore. I love In N Out, once a year or so when I get to one.
__________________

__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.