Dinner Thread - Friday, November 7th, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm grilling some Andouille sausage to serve along with cinnamon sweet potatoes and green beans.

We're going out, haven't decided where. Either Mexican or Chinese.

View attachment 22160

Tonight is a plate lunch special!
Chicken Katsu
(I use rice flour rather than AP)
steamed white rice with shoyu and furikake
and my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee
Now if you add a scoop of Mac Salad, you'd be golden!

Looks deeeeelish Kgirl! I love chicken katsu..tell us about your quick kim chee!

It's been in the 80's today so I'm grilling a tri tip and marinated veggies in my grill basket (mushrooms, onions, yellow squash, and red bell pepper). We'll have baked potatoes too.

Looks deeeeelish Kgirl! I love chicken katsu..tell us about your quick kim chee!

It's been in the 80's today so I'm grilling a tri tip and marinated veggies in my grill basket (mushrooms, onions, yellow squash, and red bell pepper). We'll have baked potatoes too.

I have that in my other computer, I'll post that for you later,
it's so good! I think we have this side dish maybe 2-3 a week.

Knocked myself out yesterday making last night's supper and tonight's. After all my pre-vacation errand running today, it was very nice to come home to a vat of soup.

Tonight's feast was Black Bean Soup with Ham Hock. Except that the grocery store didn't have any hocks, so I subbed in a small smoked pork shoulder. It still turned out yummy.

Himself's birthday (66, so his Social Security benefits start! :w00t: ) is today. As I was running errands I tried to decide which bakery to stop at since I hadn't had a chance to bake. Then I figured since he isn't a big sweets eater I would get something else. Brought home a half rack of smoked ribs from a great rib joint two towns over. He loved his "dessert"!

Knocked myself out yesterday making last night's supper and tonight's. After all my pre-vacation errand running today, it was very nice to come home to a vat of soup.

Tonight's feast was Black Bean Soup with Ham Hock. Except that the grocery store didn't have any hocks, so I subbed in a small smoked pork shoulder. It still turned out yummy.

Himself's birthday (66, so his Social Security benefits start! :w00t: ) is today. As I was running errands I tried to decide which bakery to stop at since I hadn't had a chance to bake. Then I figured since he isn't a big sweets eater I would get something else. Brought home a half rack of smoked ribs from a great rib joint two towns over. He loved his "dessert"!

Happy Birthday to you Himself!
Tie a bow around your waist CG, for his best dessert. ;):kiss:

Happy birthday to CG's Himself!

We both decided we wanted a salad, so went to a little place that serves a decent salad bar and some great gyros. We have plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.

Happy birthday, Himself! :flowers:

Dinner tonight was an In 'N Out burger and a root beer. :) Went down to the city with family today and we really wanted to go to our favorite family restaurant, BJ's, but there was a 20 minute wait to get seated and grandson was getting sleepy.

That burger was good, though. It's been 2 years since I've been to In 'N Out and I enjoyed every bite. :)

Happy birthday, Himself! :flowers:

Dinner tonight was an In 'N Out burger and a root beer. :) Went down to the city with family today and we really wanted to go to our favorite family restaurant, BJ's, but there was a 20 minute wait to get seated and grandson was getting sleepy.

That burger was good, though. It's been 2 years since I've been to In 'N Out and I enjoyed every bite. :)

Ohmygosh, is there anything better than an In n Out burger?? Our nearest one is 15 miles away and sometimes nothing else will do! Too bad the rest of the country doesn't know what a really good fast food burger can be!!

Ohmygosh, is there anything better than an In n Out burger?? Our nearest one is 15 miles away and sometimes nothing else will do! Too bad the rest of the country doesn't know what a really good fast food burger can be!!

For sure, Kay! They've been in business since the 40's for a reason! They are the only fast food place I've tried that has food as fresh as they do. :yum: Their burger patties are ground from chuck roasts, that's it, none of that restructured crap, no fillers, and delivered daily. Fries don't come to the stores frozen and packaged, they are cut up from whole potatoes by hand in each store. No franchises, they start their employees out at well over minimum wage and train them well, no top-out in salaries, and great benefits including medical, dental and 401K, even for part time employees.

Our nearest one is 90 miles away, so I don't get there often, but have never been disappointed. They've branched out to several other southwestern states over the past few years, btw, not just in CA anymore. I love In N Out, once a year or so when I get to one. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom