Dinner thread, Wed., December 28th???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wasn't serving a lot of sides, so I went with a sauce on the steak.
It got rave reviews :LOL:

Attachments

• Steak dinner 12-28.jpg
    Steak dinner 12-28.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 146
Roasted game hens seasoned with s/p, granulated garlic, shredded green onion and sliced lemon.
Served alongside creamed leeks over tomato slices on toast.

There sure is a kitchen full of pots and pans tonight. I'm one lucky woman..I cook and Steve cleans up. To me, that's way better than an armload of roses every night.

We had fried loin pork chops along with fried cabbage and onions in bacon fat with a touch of sugar and cider vinegar. I also made spatzle, and then sauteed it in browned parsley butter and served "raw orange cranberry relish" on the side. Yumm Yummm

Yum. Now I'm hungry for Swedish meatballs, and I think I just made some a week or so ago. And I have been thinking about a vinegary cabbage dish with caraway seeds lately. And I could make some Spaetzle soon too. Double Yum. Not sure why I should be hungry. I made fried chicken and mashed potatoes and chicken gravy along with a half acorn squash with butter and brown sugar. Good Dinners today all around !!

The acorn squash was really easy to cut in half after an hour at 350°. I scraped out the seeds, filled the bowl with butter (oleo) and topped with brown sugar. I cooked it another half hour and it still wasn't completely done yet, but I ate the done parts of one and am full.

I took the tamale meatloaf and heated chunks on top of a few slices of smoky bacon cheese ball and dabbed with salsa. That cheese is GOOD!

I cooked the left-over pierogi from Christmas Eve dinner and we had those with some fried ham and some peas and green bean. I finished up the beet soup as well.

Back
Top Bottom