Dinner thread, Wed., December 28th???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
am i missing the dinner thread today?

dw went out to exchange gifts, so my boy and i are home making chicken parm and pasta and playing video games. the new nerf game a wii fishing resort are a lot of fun. :)

what are you cooking today, the humpday after christmas?

We're having Christmas dinner leftovers. Roast beef, rice pilaf, butternut squash. Apple pie, ice cream, pumpkin cake roll and wine.

I am roasting our bonus turkey. Sandwiches (and soup, eventually) will come from it. A hot turkey sandwich tonight!

Missed it? You're at the head of the line, Bucky. :chef:

I really had a taste for steak, but really didn't want to head to the store, so there I was, with my head in the freezer and low and behold... I had half a prime Ribeye all wrapped up :yum: (from Wegman's even). Maybe I had surf and turf a while back and knew I wouldn't eat the whole steak. Lucky me. I'll scrounge some other stuff up to go along with it.

we went to the market the other day and got tons of mushrooms like, hedgehog, chantarel, black trumpet, hen of the woods, and a white truffle. so planning on doing the truffle rissotto tonight!

I was going to make swedish meatballs, because they sounded so good from a previous post, but I'm lazy. So, I'm making chicken and noodles iin the crock-pot.

Still working on the leftovers from Boxing day. Turkey pot pie and turkey noodle soup.

The pies are going in the freezer, but this one was the last one and I knew I put in too much filling and it was going to leak gravy, so I figured we would eat it now.

Attachments

• DSC00193.jpg
    DSC00193.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC00194.jpg
    DSC00194.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
The pies are going in the freezer, but this one was the last one and I knew I put in too much filling and it was going to leak gravy, so I figured we would eat it now.
YUMMY! I might do that with the leftover chicken and gravy from tonight's dinner. That could be Mark's dinner tomorrow night... his own little chicken pot pie.

Looks really good, rock.

BBQ steak, multi color new potato roasties & a mix veg. A bit of homemade horseradish on the side & christmas cookies for desert:)

Had a craving for fish so I sauteed some tilapia in browned butter with sliced almonds. Sides were steamed fresh yellow squash with salt and butter and a concoction of steamed baby Yukon golds and whole green beans that were sauced with chives, olive oil, white wine vinegar and Dijon mustard, S and P. A selection of all the Christmas cookies in the world for dessert.

I've got a small acorn squash baking (whole). I don't know when it will be done, but I'm looking forward to being able to cut it into pretty slices without hacking a hand off.:chef::LOL:

I'm having it with some meatloaf.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom