Dinner Thread - Wednesday, 11/6/2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice, S&P, and that beer looks great! Haven't had Clamato for a long time, what a great idea!

had a dentist appointment early yesterday morning in sale,which is a nice,"leafy" suburb of manchester.i lived there at one time & my son,ben,lives there now.double whammy!!.one of the great things about sale is that it is on the metrolink tram system with trams every 6 mins into the city & beyond...sounds like star trek eh:rolleyes:?.sooooo,after the dentist,i drove over to ben's gaff & we drove down & parked up at the met station.jumped a tram into the city & ten mins later we were in "the red hot buffet" chinese,thai,indian,japanese,french,italian & american grub all under one roof!.most of the food counters have live cooking stations & the japanese teppenyake is the best:yum:!! the american counter is pretty darn good too with steaks & burgers cooked to order.the deserts are "killer" too:yum:!fabulous "eat as much as you want" food & "slick" decor all for £8.50/$12.5 each.the bill came to £25/$37.5 with drinks.i left a £5/$7.5 tip 'cos the service was pretty slick too:cool:!
All You Can Eat Buffet Restaurant in Manchester: English, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Thai & A Lot More - Red Hot World Buffet
the buffet is right at the back of harvey nichols & selfridges,so we popped in there to do a bit of shopping,then wandered up to "the printworks" & watched "rush"....the film about the rivalry between niki lauda & james hunt"the shunt" back in the 1970's for the formula one world championships.brilliant film!
after that we walked up to the "northern quarter" and visited a few of the bars.
Bars in the Northern Quarter Manchester
got a taxi home in the early hours so i'll need to "scrounge" a lift back to sale to get me car...worth it tho',whatta great day:)!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom