Dinner Thurs. 22nd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Since we didn't get to have Teriyaki Beef yesterday I've decided to make it today but will do it in kaboob form with onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Still not sure on the sides though..........possibly one will be Asian Rice.

I am going to cook dinner on the grill tonight. I have some chicken breasts marinating, kebobs of onion, mushroom, and canned potatoes, pasta salad, and corn on the cob. We have threats of thunderstorms so I may have to move the grill to the porch.

It is my anniversary today so we should be doing something special for dinner, but I don't think we will be able to. Well as long as I am with her I could care less what we eat tonight :)

GB said:
It is my anniversary today so we should be doing something special for dinner, but I don't think we will be able to. Well as long as I am with her I could care less what we eat tonight :)

Your wife reads this site, doesn't she?? :angel:

We're having a papaya,shrimp,avocado salad with grilled marinated in soy,garlic ginger,brown sugar and oil, flank steak with a pesto mix of chopped green onion,cilantro,parsley,evoo,pine nuts that I toasted,sesame seeds toasted,evoo,garlic,sesame oil and orzo cooked in chicken broth, sauteed onion, garlic, mushrooms..dessert, a chocolate chip ice cream pie in a cookie crust.

kadesma:)

Had a couple of friends over, so I invited them for an impromptu dinner and bottle wine.

The dinner was a Balsamic Glazed Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with a Tomato, Truffle, and Chive Vinaigrette, Herbes de Provence Steamed Rice, and Sauteed Vegetables. The wine was a 1998 Alex Gambal "Fixin" from Cote d'Or. They made 125 cases of this wine; I have two bottles left. :(

LOL, sometimes I really miss my plates and all of my other stuff from work.

Attachments

• chickenbreast.jpg
    chickenbreast.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 209
  • gambal-burgundy.jpg
    gambal-burgundy.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Well the kaboobs didn't turn out as well as I expected. I think it was def. the cut of meat but I had a hankering for kaboobs and its something I'd thawed out the day before..........London Broil. I figured if I marinated it for a long time it would help with making it tender. Unfort., most of the meat was too tough to chew. I'd marinated it 24 hours. Def. don't recommend this cut of meat for kaboobs. Next time, I'll try pork or chicken instead. The flavor (Teriyaki) was amazing and the green peppers/onions too.

We had baked pototoes and cucumbers & onion in a vinegar solution.

Last night's meal was one of our favorite "quickies". I boiled up a pile of commercially-made (I believe the brand is "Ling Ling") chicken & vegetable potstickers we get from CostCo & served them with a spicy soy sauce based dipping sauce & a mixed green salad tossed with Ginger Sesame dressing. Really hit the spot for a hot humid evening.

SizzlininIN said:
Well the kaboobs didn't turn out as well as I expected. I think it was def. the cut of meat but I had a hankering for kaboobs and its something I'd thawed out the day before..........London Broil.

Marinating a tough cut of meat will not make it tender. The only sure way to tenderize it if you're not going to slow cook it is to do it by hand or have the butcher do it, or induce some sort of chemical tenderizer.

ironchef said:
Marinating a tough cut of meat will not make it tender. The only sure way to tenderize it if you're not going to slow cook it is to do it by hand or have the butcher do it, or induce some sort of chemical tenderizer.

Thanks for the information Iron..........I learnt the hard way :) !

We had shredded bbq chicken, coleslaw & chips.
I boiled the chicken thighs until tender. shredded them up, sprinkled w/ bbq seasoning, added 1/4 c of the broth it made back into it, a bottle of honey bbq sauce, and some chopped chipotle peppers. threw it in the crockpot and we had it on buns when we got home. it was SOOOO yummy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom