Dinner....Thursday July 30, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
What was (or is) on the menu for today's dinner? :chef:

My brother came over today, and we ate all afternoon - cheeses, meats, breads, potato salad, deviled eggs, and an assortment of pickles and olives. If anything, I'll just nibble a tiny bit a little later on. :)

Cook's night off here. We ended up cleaning up some of yesterday's leftovers. Tuna salad? Gone! Chicken salad and potato salad? Just a little of each left. I fully expect them to disappear before the night is over. :LOL:

Here I thought I was going to hobble my way into the kitchen and scrounge and came out wearing Roller Skates. Found a bratwurst in the freezer, already cooked. Just heat and eat. That and a couple slices Jarlsberg cheese and a few pickles was dinner. Making a grocery list for mañana and a potential list for Saturday's farmer's market.

Another day traveling the local environs. We drove to the Cape Cod Canal State Park to meet up with a couple of old friends (I've known him since I was 10 YO). We get together for a lobster roll lunch every year to catch up on each others' lives.

So we didn't feel like eating and just picked at odds and ends from the fridge. Dessert was a couple of Swiss Miss butterscotch pudding cups.

Last edited:
I made tuna salad and we had that with the leftover German potato salad over chopped romaine with garden tomatoes and green bell peppers. Nice and easy and cool for this hot day ?

I made egg salad for lunch, and DH liked it so much he had more for dinner. He also picked up a tub of pulled pork barbeque from the grocery store while he was picking up his car that now has a new battery.

I tried out a recipe for a leg of lamb on a bed of sliced charlotte potatoes (coated in melted garlic butter) with lamb stock. It didn't really work because I improvised with half an organic leg, i.e. adjusting cooking times (as best I could) which didn't work well for the potatoes (still a bit on the hard side) and the lamb not pink.

That said, I rested the lamb well and the meat was tasty and tender. Had it with runner beans.

Karen made three galettes using some of the oven dried tomatoes we have in the freezer, along with other ingredients. Today we'll be making my "birthday" dinner (58 yesterday), sour beef, potato dumplings and red cabbage.:yum:

Karen made three galettes using some of the oven dried tomatoes we have in the freezer, along with other ingredients. Today we'll be making my "birthday" dinner (58 yesterday), sour beef, potato dumplings and red cabbage.:yum:

Belated Happy Birthday, Craig!!

Back
Top Bottom