Dinner Thurs. Aug. 28, '14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thought I'd give this an early start.

We're having pan seared loin lamb chops seasoned with Herbs de Provence, oven roasted asparagus, and my rice pilaf. Half cup of jasmine rice, half cup of orzo, browned in butter and oil. I add sliced shallots, chopped mushrooms to the saute', and then a handful of golden raisins, with two cups of rich chicken broth and one tablespoon of curry powder. Simmered for 15 min on low, fluffed, and add some toasted slivered almonds to the mix. Very tasty.

mmm, lamb chops. Sounds delicious.

I shop for shoulder lamb chops at Albertsons when they have them, then freeze them. They are hard to find and small nowadays! I thaw them...then hour marinade them.

Simple lamb chop marinade:

1/2 TBS Rosemary
1/4 tsp Dried Sage
1/2 clove garlic minced
1/2 squeezed lemon
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp salt, pepper

Marinate 1-3 hours. Broil chops 7-9 minutes each side.

Baked potato. Your asparagus sounds good to go with that. Mint jelly of course.

Last edited:
We looked online at a Village Tavern's menu and decided to try the place. Always with the expectations, only to find them short on delivery.:( For appetizers we ordered the calamari and a flat bread with caramelized onions and gruyere. The squid rings that had been poorly breaded were rubbery. I'm still waiting for the gruyere to put in an appearance on that flat bread.:whistling We ordered their gastropub burger, Karen's medium rare with fries, mine just threatened with sweet potato fries. Both came out wriggling so we had to send her's back. My sweet potato "limps" went back as well. Those "fries" were inundated with so much cinnamon, thought I was on Dune eating Melange laced "fries". My eyes are still hazel though. For me the saving grace for that mediocre meal was the Stella Artois on draft. I'm sure our search for a decent, local will continue, but it may be awhile before our next adventure.

What a bunch of good looking meals.

We had burgers on the grill. It started "spitting rain" as soon as Stirling started up the grill. Luckily, it was very light and stopped quickly. The burgers were yummy.

We looked online at a Village Tavern's menu and decided to try the place. Always with the expectations, only to find them short on delivery.:( ..
That's a real pain, isn't it? Your experience is precisely why we rarely go out to eat anymore. We have a few T&T places we like, so we go to one of them when I just have to get out of the kitchen. Otherwise, I'm really reluctant to part with money for *meh*. As far as trying a new place? I figure we roll the dice when we travel and I don't have the option of cooking.

We looked online at a Village Tavern's menu and decided to try the place. Always with the expectations, only to find them short on delivery.:( For appetizers we ordered the calamari and a flat bread with caramelized onions and gruyere. The squid rings that had been poorly breaded were rubbery. I'm still waiting for the gruyere to put in an appearance on that flat bread.:whistling We ordered their gastropub burger, Karen's medium rare with fries, mine just threatened with sweet potato fries. Both came out wriggling so we had to send her's back. My sweet potato "limps" went back as well. Those "fries" were inundated with so much cinnamon, thought I was on Dune eating Melange laced "fries". My eyes are still hazel though. For me the saving grace for that mediocre meal was the Stella Artois on draft. I'm sure our search for a decent, local will continue, but it may be awhile before our next adventure.

lol, it was worm spice, afterall. what did you expect from a sweet potato fry? :)

ppop, cheryl, and rock, wish i was there. dinners look great!

we liked Menu - Bum Rogers Crabhouse so much that we went back for another dinner.

we started with 2 dozen blue points, then ordered salads (which came after we reminded the server as she brought our entrees). both my boy and dw had the seared ahi tuna, rice, and veggies. dw "discovered" a wonderful little red hot sauce that they gave her to go with the ahi, along with wasabi and pickled ginger.
it touched my heart when i tasted it. my wife likes sriracha!!!!!

this is the beginning of big things. she liked smoked chicken last week, and now a decently hot sauce? be still my heart!

anyway, i had the zuppa di pesce over linguini. it was fantastic. 1/2 dozen big shrimp, 1/2 dozen littlenecks, a dozen mussels, 5 big scallops, and a load of baby calamari in a decent tomato sauce.

dessert was the chocolate lava cake, again.

i guess we had better luck than craigsy and meds and found our new favourite shore restaurant.

...it touched my heart when i tasted it. my wife likes sriracha!!!!!

this is the beginning of big things. she liked smoked chicken last week, and now a decently hot sauce? be still my heart!...
Watch out bt. It could be she's trying to shock you to death. Time to review the will. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom