Dinner, Thurs Feb 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whole chicken baking in the oven right now.
It's got bacon grease:yuk: rubbed on first;), then lime dry rub seasoning which consists of salt/pepper/garlic/onion/lime peel/sugar/parsley. Along with that, I have white beans smoldering on the stove with rosemary/onion/bacon/<hence the grease/s&p. Green beans with butter. Garlic bread and hot tea for me, ff milk for the man.
Dessert, if he wants, cookies<> /black eyed susans, with ice cream.

Kind of a potpourri here. From the freezer, rosemary roast chicken and turkey gravy. We'll have mashed potatoes and a green veggie as sides. No dessert tonight. Actually, we rarely have dessert every night. Usually on the weekend and if it's something big, dessert will spill over into the week.

Chicken Bouillabaisse.
Chicken breasts, white wine, garlic, safron, mirepoix, lemon zest, fennel seed, sausage, potatoes, diced tomatoes. There is a rouille of cayenne pepper, garlic, and paprika (bound with an egg yolk and olive oil) to be drizzled on top, but I'm still working on it...

We were supposed to go out with friends but DH was feeling under the weather so I made spicy peanut soba noodles with tofu & fresh shrimp & a salad with pears, dried apricots, toasted almonds, orange pepper, red onion, bibb lettuce & blush vinaigrette. No dessert for us, chocolate ice cream cone for the little one.

Skirt Steak Rollups for Thurs. nite

For More Pictures of the rollups click HERE

I'm a slicer..... I did a Judy Rodgers take on skirt steak last night throwing in a few other herbs and spices on the skirt steak left to get tender for 6 hours in the fridge. I cut up some veggies and roasted 'em, went to Lawrenceville and bought some fresh flour tortillas, and fired up the small Weber. My wife took some of the pictures as we did our fairly healthful dinner prep and cooking here at home. The results were outstanding. The balsamic (not the 'spensive kind) was a bit sweet for my taste, but the vegetables were good. The rollups were killer.

skirtsteak4.jpg

man, cooknow and gadget geek, you're making me really hungry.

i blew it and had meat on wednesday, so if dw gets home early, we'll probably have sushi tonight. if not, if i can get to the store, i'll buy some shellfish for a cioppino/zuppa/marechiare/fra diavolo type of dealio.

and since i had meat, i'll make up for it by giving up chocolate for lent. :(

is it easter yet?

LEFSELOVER, we are coming to your house for dinner; sounds awesome! Where did you get that chicken recipe?
Thanks and you're welcome to dine with us anytime, there is always room here.
The roasted chicken idea, well, I did the bacon for other uses during the week and had the grease left over, so a tablespoon full of it and rubbed it on/all over the bird. Then pan fried it just to brown on all sides, which it did really quickly and tossed the rub [which is store bought] {I looked specifically for one without MSG} lightly over all the bird, then in the oven for 45 minutes until it hit 180. Moist, but better than that, really flavorful.
Loved the look of gadgetgeeks meal. loved the photo's very nice indeed.
Looked like a healthful meal too. Good for you..........I should sign up for Flickr:cool:

Last edited:
Since it was the Chinese New Year, I took the easy way out & brought home take-out from our local favorite place.

Had Vegetarian Spring Rolls, Eggdrop Soup, Kung Pao Tofu (panfried tofu in spicy Kung Pao sauce with peanuts), Seafood Delight (shrimp, scallops, lobster, king crab meat & veggies), & Yu-Ling Duck (roasted bone-in duck chopped into bite-size pieces with a tangy dipping sauce on the side) .

Everything was excellent!!

LEFSElover;
Thanks! I am going to have to try that recipe sometime soon...

Dan:chef:

Thanks and you're welcome to dine with us anytime, there is always room here.
The roasted chicken idea, well, I did the bacon for other uses during the week and had the grease left over, so a tablespoon full of it and rubbed it on/all over the bird. Then pan fried it just to brown on all sides, which it did really quickly and tossed the rub [which is store bought] {I looked specifically for one without MSG} lightly over all the bird, then in the oven for 45 minutes until it hit 180. Moist, but better than that, really flavorful.
Loved the look of gadgetgeeks meal. loved the photo's very nice indeed.
Looked like a healthful meal too. Good for you..........I should sign up for Flickr:cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom