"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Dinner - Thurs. June 14

Going to make some pork chop suey/over rice, sprinked with rice noodles and soy sauce. (Found a pkg. of leftover cooked BButt in freezer) Yum !

Old 06-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Head Chef

The plan is to cook up some steak. Not sure how yet.

Sides will be a peas and prosciutto dish and white rice.

I think I"m going to try the idea on the rice topic where you mix in a package of dry ranch dressing mix, some cream cheese and some butter into the white rice after it's done.

The peas and proscuitto dish is also new. It also has garlic and shallots in it.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Mom and David are joining us for burgers frys and milkshakes at the burger place in town. 5,000 calories a bite and worth every one!!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
Head Chef

I've been told I need to do something with a pack of italian sausage (bulk).

So I'm thinking italian meatballs with onions, mushrooms, and maybe a red wine or marsala reduction, unless anyone else has some suggestions.

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Watched this BBC tv show this morning that I've just discovered and am now Tivo'ing. It's called Daily Cooks. Loved the looks of one of the dishes, mashed potatoes with other ingreds, formed into 'not tight' rounded patty's, then lightly browned and put into the oven to set up along side of tomatoes and shrooms. bathed in olive oil salt and pepper. I'll do those plus the mango chicken easy dish they did on there too. I don't have mango or the mango chutney, so Trader Joe's here I come. Plenty of shortbread left, and I melted down caramel/choco chippers to drizzle over the tops or ends of them. My discovery when making the shortbread yesterday [as I didn't use a recipe] I just tossed in the bowl until it felt right to my hands and looked right, was that a good deal of the 3 ingreds turned out to be 4 = corn starch. They are light, very short and soooo tender.
Have a wonderful day everyone...
Old 06-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #6
Executive Chef

L, is your shortbread recipe posted here? We love shortbread with fruit.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
Executive Chef

bbq ribs, with a side of wilted spinach and fresh mashed yukon gold potatoes!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L.
Going to make some pork chop suey/over rice, sprinked with rice noodles and soy sauce. (Found a pkg. of leftover cooked BButt in freezer) Yum !
This is one of my favorite comfort foods that mom used to make.

I was watching foodnetwork and saw Tyler Florence making Chicken Parmesan and it started my taste buds flowing... .

So I ran to the fridge/pantry and sure enough I have everything I need. I'm going to make my own version of this dish though. I do have to make a run to the store for a bag of Baby Salad Greens.....I'll make a honey/dijon vinegrette to drizzle over it. I'll cook some extra wide noodles and toss it with some butter, parsley and parmesan and serve the chicken on it. And I have some left over bakery bread so I'll cube that up and make garlic herb croutons for the salad.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #9
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Arby's Big Montana, chips, and a banana for lunch. Supper will be leftover chicken cacciatore (it's use it or lose it day) with a side of penne rigati, crusty Italian bread, and southwest caesar salad, washed down with a lovely BW Coastal Estates 2004 reserve cabernet.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #10
Senior Cook

FedEX just showed up with the live lobsters we had flown in from Maine for a graduation party I'm cooking for/hosting tomorrow. I took the liberty of ordering a couple more than was actually needed...cook's/hosts privilege :). As such, tonight's menu:

Lobster thermidor
Crab cakes (gonna head down to BFM and get a few live dungeness to donate their bodies to the cause)
Cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce
Chesapeake Bay rolls (also known as "Red Lobster biscuits" for those who didn't have the privilege of living in Massachussetts to know their true origin/recipe)
Smoked corn on the cob with a lobster-pernod butter
Strawberry chocolate lava cakes (probably. I'm debating if I want to be lazy and just make strawberry shortcake. Just know I have to use the rest of the berries today)