Dinner Thurs. June 4/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice, guys! I'm not taking a picture of my mushroom soup, it's kind of gray and there's no way it could compete!

We went out to Swiss Chalet tonight. I had chicken pot pie, Caesar salad and they had a special add-on of five wings so I got that too.

...By the way, I don't very often hear of anyone other than me that likes lima beans...
We do, we do! I especially like them when I cook them with a cottage ham. It's hard to find that cut here, and I haven't seen if for a couple of years.

I made grillburgers, AKA patty melts, along with coleslaw and potato salad. Meat got a tiny bit overdone. We also stopped at the local brewery and got a quart of a nice lager to chase down all those grilled onions. *burp*

Attachments

• 2015-06-04 21.21.04.jpg
    2015-06-04 21.21.04.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 155
Here's a picture of my make shift smoker under the gas grill tri tip tonight. All three burners were on med. with the foil packet of soaked wood chips under the grate of the center burner. It took a total of 30 minutes with the lid closed.
img_1424615_0_cd4c62aac986c42ab562d19a7f64bd21.jpg

The half on the right is cut correctly, although thinner would be better. The half on the left must also be cut across the grain.

img_1424615_1_818a639f3cc10839b77f6f780b44a0e5.jpg

I've seen diagrams of how to slice a tri-tip. The grain runs in different directions because the cut is more than one muscle. It's not easy to slice properly.

I've seen diagrams of how to slice a tri-tip. The grain runs in different directions because the cut is more than one muscle. It's not easy to slice properly.

You're so right there Andy. It takes some practice and close attention to cut it correctly. I think it helps to cut in half so you can see how it should be cut against the grain.

Aloha!

Hawaii 092.JPG

Hawaii 091.JPG

Hawaii 090.JPG

Hawaii 089.JPG

YUM, SOOO ONO!!
We bought Ahi Limu Poke, Tako Onion Poke, Smoked Tako and then I served it all up at our apartment in Honolulu with leftover Huli Huli Chicken thighs that I made, steamed rice with furikake and shoyu and from the Farmer's Market, local Japanese Cucumbers that I also made, into a quick Kim Chee.
DELISH!
ALOHA!

View attachment 22916

View attachment 22917

View attachment 22918

View attachment 22919

YUM, SOOO ONO!!
We bought Ahi Limu Poke, Tako Onion Poke, Smoked Tako and then I served it all up at our apartment in Honolulu with leftover Huli Huli Chicken thighs that I made, steamed rice with furikake and shoyu and from the Farmer's Market, local Japanese Cucumbers that I also made, into a quick Kim Chee.
DELISH!
ALOHA!

Ohhh you're killin me here girl! The Poke alone has me drooling, not to mention the rest of the menu! I'm so glad you're enjoying being back home for a while, or are you not going back to Arizona? You changed your location to "any town" so I'm confused.

Last edited:
I made hamburger "Stroganoff". Had egg noodles to top with the "Stroganoff".

Ohhh you're killin me here girl! The Poke alone has me drooling, not to mention the rest of the menu! I'm so glad you're enjoying being back home for a while, or are you not going back to Arizona? You changed your location to "any town" so I'm confused.

BAHAHAHA! :ROFLMAO:
WAIT! I've got more!

What is it about food from where you come from?

Sorry everyone, but I still say, after having traveled around the United States, that Hawaii's food is the bomb diggity!
Hawaiian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Okinawan, Filipino, Samoan, French (from Tahiti and Vietnam), Portuguese, Puerto Rican, African-American, Tongan, Guamanian, ummm, oh and some Europeans too ... that is one BIG mixing pot of cultures with their different foods ... the original fusion cuisine :chef:

btw @Kayelle, did you know that Huli Huli Chicken was "invented" by a nice Portuguese man? One smart cookie boy, he holds the rights to the name Huli Huli :cool:

Back
Top Bottom