Dinner Thurs. June 4/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
No surprise I'm doing a grilled tri tip tonight. :LOL:

We'll have a basket of marinated grilled veggies with it along with garlic toast.

What's on your menu tonight? :chef:

Just got home from weekly grocery shopping. Tonight's dinner will be pastrami sandwiches, potato chips and maybe a salad.

Sounds good Andy. I haven't done pastrami sandwiches in a long time. I like to barely heat the meat in a can of consomme', and serve it on the side for dipping.

With all the tri-tip talk on another thread, that's what I REALLY want. :yum:

This evening's dinner will be leftover spaghetti from yesterday, and a salad. :)

Dinner Thurs. June 4 /15

I want tri-tip! Have never seen it here along the river, I suspect it's ground up in the hamburger.

I have some leftover chicken broth and have a hankerin' for mushroom soup. Think I'll mess around with that.

Last edited:
Until recently, I never saw tri-tip here. Within the past year or two, I see that TJs has it in cryovac both plain and marinated. I didn't buy it because the price was super high.

It was a hot day so I just wanted a light, cold snack.

I had an artisan beetroot and apple bread with a caerphilly cheese (that had dried cranberry in it) with a nectarine.

Yeah, TJ's meat is a bit pricey. I don't care for their tri tips either, especially the marinated ones. Who knows how long they've been sitting in the marinade. This is true of all their other marinated cuts of meat.

We were going to have a Danish meatloaf, but when I went to get the ground pork out of the fridge, it was frozen. Sometimes that fridge is too cold. Anyhoo, I had to change the plan.

We had a French omelette with scallions and cheese. I also made home fries. Stirling had toast too.

Yeah, TJ's meat is a bit pricey. I don't care for their tri tips either, especially the marinated ones. Who knows how long they've been sitting in the marinade. This is true of all their other marinated cuts of meat.

I agree with you there, roadfix. I don't buy pre-marinated meats, if I'm going to use a marinade, I'd rather make my own. Come to think of it, much as I love TJ's, I don't think I've ever bought any of their meats.

Nope, I don't buy their meat either. It may be "organic" and all, but that term doesn't impress me much for the price. I once bought an expensive "free range" chicken there, and I wasn't even impressed like I expected to be. If I could only find a free range chicken that was killed that day, I'd pay big bucks.

Last edited:
We were going to have a Danish meatloaf, but when I went to get the ground pork out of the fridge, it was frozen. Sometimes that fridge is too cold. Anyhoo, I had to change the plan.

We had a French omelette with scallions and cheese. I also made home fries. Stirling had toast too.

The omelets sound good Taxi. My new microwave does a remarkable job of defrosting meat. It just tickled me to pieces I could get my tri tip out of the freezer and be ready to go in no time. My old micro sure couldn't do that.

The omelets sound good Taxi. My new microwave does a remarkable job of defrosting meat. It just tickled me to pieces I could get my tri tip out of the freezer and be ready to go in no time. My old micro sure couldn't do that.
Mine might be able to do that, but I didn't want to risk it.

Cajun spiced blackened walleye, lima beans & mashed with jalapeno peppers.

img_1424577_0_0ba0ab5308173ae2dd79a3467f881ded.jpg

img_1424577_1_253889858d4a8c0a4f9d474b26714c56.jpg

Looks good, Joey. By the way, I don't very often hear of anyone other than me that likes lima beans. :ermm::LOL:

Rock, I could go for one of those pan pizzas...that looks great! :yum:

Last edited:
Here's a picture of my make shift smoker under the gas grill tri tip tonight. All three burners were on med. with the foil packet of soaked wood chips under the grate of the center burner. It took a total of 30 minutes with the lid closed.
img_1424602_0_cd4c62aac986c42ab562d19a7f64bd21.jpg

The half on the right is cut correctly, although thinner would be better. The half on the left must also be cut across the grain.

img_1424602_1_818a639f3cc10839b77f6f780b44a0e5.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom