Dinner, Thurs. Mar. 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something simple tonight!

Whole wheat toast, layered with homemade honey mustard, chicken breast, crumbled fresh bacon, and mozza. Topped with a slice of tomato and pepper, and put on low broil in the oven! MMMmmmm.

And steamed mixed fresh beans, then tossed with a smidgen of sesame oil & sprinkled sesames!

Can we eat now?!!

whoops posted on the wrong night, im having pizza hamburgers and parmsagan crusted zucchini

I've got a women's party to go to. It will be a surprise but the food is free so I'm happy.

I'm going to pan-grill some chicken breasts with Penzey's Greek seasoning and serve with tzatziki sauce, a green salad and Greek potatoes.

No idea. I can't eat dinner when it's this light outside :wacko: so I haven't started thinking about it yet.
I know tomorrow I'm having ribs though :) I took them out of the freezer last night and they're still partially frozen.

I was gonna make stuffed chicken and wild rice but dh got some overtime tonight and I didn't have time to make the meal. We ordered out from a drive in hamburger joint. Can anybody say waffle fries and mint chocolate chip shake?!
yummm, greasy.

Salmonella on a plate!
I was really pushing the envelope on this one.
I took some slightly freezer burned and still frozen chicken tenders (with all the talk about chicken and quick meals today, I had to have them), then cut/sawed them up while they were squirting all over my counter. Got them going in some EVOO, with s&p and garlic powder (didn't feel like burning real garlic). Flipped them a couple times. Rinsed my flipper off in hot water, after all it was thawing chicken I was flipping. I still had more ingredients to add and flip.
It felt like the time was right, so I added some frozen bacon. A short while later I added some onions, then green beans (some of the chicken still had just a little red on a side or two....). Hey, did those beans feel a little wet and slippery.....?
Cut up some fresh garlic and tossed that in.
A splash of my 20 year old soy sauce. I don't go through soy sauce that fast I guess :rolleyes: And it's from before the time of dates, so it must still be good.
Then another ten minute wait and in goes some baby spinach, fresh out of the bag...... dated 3/11. OK, that was a few days better than the already opened beans anyway.

And walah!
Everything tasted pretty good.
If you don't hear from me, you'll know what happened.
And I won't even get into the cutting board discussion :angel:

Attachments

• dinner 3-13.jpg
    dinner 3-13.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 197
fruit for dinner, lol

just had a bowl of warm pear crumble with marspone cheese on it.

healthy with oats, sugar sub. protein in the cheese, fruit. see almost a balanced meal.

told u i had spring fever.

babe:w00t2::w00t2::whistling:whistling

I was really Naughty last night, after eating my dinner (posted above) I got out of bed at 10pm got dressed and went to the local pizza place and bought 2 large pizzas and ate them in bed!

I`v never done anything like that in my entire life, I`v no idea Why I felt so hungry either?

:ohmy::ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL: -Pacanis you still kickin' ? Your dinner sounded good though.

:LOL:So far so good, Barb.
It's the first time I ever mixed chicken with other stuff that cooks at different times. One pot, one spatula, one cutting board.... we'll see ;) The day is still young.

That's just decadant YT :pig:

lol pacanis. good to see you made it.

last night i had to go to a wake for my friend's dad, so dinner afterwards was a sausage, hot peppers, and onion hero, parm, with extra sauce.

Last night had me throwing together a sort of free-for-all pasta dish - lol!!

Cooked up a bag of artisinal-type Basil-Garlic short-cut taglietelle pasta & tossed it with sliced Mozzarella/Garlic/Artichoke chicken sausages, a drained can of quartered artichoke hearts, a can of diced tomatoes, 2 handfuls of fresh baby arugula, & some sprinklings of dried Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, & crushed red pepper flakes.

Came out pretty darn good for a "what do I have in the house" kind of meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom