Dinner - Thurs. Nov. 12, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
Well, I'm not one to miss dinner. Ring that dinner bell early and often!

I made oven roasted cumin seeded cauliflower and carrots. Tasty. I also had a few bites of leftover sliced steak inserted in some herbed type pita toast triangles.

In an effort to get rid of leftovers, DH brought home Thai for lunch, which resulted in more leftovers. So drunken noodles for me, and Panang salmon for DH.

Egg Foo Yung

Kayelle requested I prepare my famous EFY for dinner. I doubled the shrimp and added an extra egg to compensate. It turned out very well, but I found that making 3 at a time instead of 4 gave me more maneuvering room to flip them.
Kayelle made some rice for me that went well with the sauce.
The sauce thickened nicely as i did not put the cornstarch in until the last minute. I discovered early on if you add it before heating, it clumps to the bottom and burns!
I also cleaned up everything.
It was a nice dinner. :chef:

I went to a sausage-making class tonight - that was fun! So I had a salad and a homemade ciabatta roll before and a cup of leftover pasta e fagioli after. I left the same for DH.

A $30 dinner

At least that is what Himself declared tonight's dinner was!

Our salad was romaine and arugula with an orange-Dijon dressing, topped with roasted beets, orange segments, pomegranate arils, and sugared pecans. The main attraction was seared scallop pieces with bacon and Brussels sprouts over lemon-parsley brown basmati rice. It was so good! :yum:

He said it would have been $45 if dessert had been included. :LOL:

Sausage-making class sounds like fun, GG!

Attachments

• 2015-11-12 19.51.16.jpg
    2015-11-12 19.51.16.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 2015-11-12 20.13.58.jpg
    2015-11-12 20.13.58.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 149
Yummy looking supper CG.

I reheated some leek and potato soup and served it with Danish style pork roast sandwiches and a tossed salad.

Attachments

• IMG_20151112_201821.jpg
    IMG_20151112_201821.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 153
CG and taxy, your dinners both look delicious!

Taxy, I had to think a second and then I remembered that Danish-style sandwiches are open-faced :)

CG and taxy, your dinners both look delicious!

Taxy, I had to think a second and then I remembered that Danish-style sandwiches are open-faced :)
Yup, and usually on thinly sliced heavy rye, which these were. I thought the picture would have been a big hint.

runs and hides

CG and Taxy, your dinners look fabulous. :yum:

CG, I have to say your dinner pic is one after my own heart. Scallops are one of my faves, and I love how you put it all together in both dishes. YUM!

Everyone's meals sound really good!

Back
Top Bottom