Dinner Thurs. Oct.19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Pork chop suey over rice, sprinkled with rice noodles, cucumber salad, and warm french bread. Had a case of the slows today lol- menu change- Canned chicken and dumplings (Gortons) over biscuits !

Last edited:
Really wicked but wonderful lunch today. Mother and I were both home and she spoiled me! We had a lovely oxtail casserole with a dumpling and then a delicious quince and apple tart tatin-y type thing. I feel full and warm and completely drowsy!

open face turkey sandwiches with gravy, mashed potatoes and
baby peas. need to figure out something sweet for after diner.

might just let the kids have ice cream

thumpershere2 said:
Stuffed pasta shells,cheesy garlic bread and strawberry shake.
Barb, pork chop suey sounds really good.
Thanks, its one of my favorites since a little girl --- many moons ago. lol

See Wednesday's description. :rolleyes: except the bread won't be still warm from the oven! I'm going to a seminar after work, and then when I get home I have to make some appys for a party on Sunday. So dinner will have to be quick! :bounce:

skinless Chicken breasts butterflied and rubbed in BBQ spice with a layer of chili cheese ontop, and then a liberal coating of BBQ sauce, all to be baked in the oven, served with a 4 cheese Coleslaw, and limejuice/salt avocado slices.

Buritos stuffed with chicken, onions, peppers, refried beans, and rice, then topped with salsa and cheese then baked.

I am going to stop by Costco on my way back from my Therapist and get one of their delicious cooked chicken. They are absolutely the greatest.

I have salad in the fridge and wll use one of Newmans or Marie's sa;ad dressings. No desert.

YT2095 said:
skinless Chicken breasts butterflied and rubbed in BBQ spice with a layer of chili cheese ontop, and then a liberal coating of BBQ sauce, all to be baked in the oven, served with a 4 cheese Coleslaw, and limejuice/salt avocado slices.

add a slice of ham with the cheese
we make this all the time with chedder so good

I am not sure when dinners have sounded so good. You folks are really shining stars today in the kitchen:chef:

I have a pork roast in the crock pot with a recipe off the computer that I've never done before. Smells good so hope it will be. It's about 4lbs, salt and peppered, honey/orange juice/soy sauce/ginger root chunks/garlic cloves. I'll do some kind of potatoes, veggies will be broccoli and cauliflower, and salad with PN's balsamic fat free dressing. I may do bread pudding for dessert but I can't eat it, duh, WW's says NO:(

Enjoy your weather wherever you live. Here in Los Angeles, it's glowing:ROFLMAO:

This thread makes me sooo hungry! I am having roasted white sweet potatoes, mixed veggie salad and steaks on the grill (since we are having an unseasonably warm New England day.) Leftover cake for dessert. Oh yeah and leftover pea soup.

LEFSElover said:
I am not sure when dinners have sounded so good. You folks are really shining stars today in the kitchen:chef:

I have a pork roast in the crock pot with a recipe off the computer that I've never done before. Smells good so hope it will be. It's about 4lbs, salt and peppered, honey/orange juice/soy sauce/ginger root chunks/garlic cloves. I'll do some kind of potatoes, veggies will be broccoli and cauliflower, and salad with PN's balsamic fat free dressing. I may do bread pudding for dessert but I can't eat it, duh, WW's says NO:(

Enjoy your weather wherever you live. Here in Los Angeles, it's glowing:ROFLMAO:

That recipe sounds interesting. Would love to know how it turns out.:pig:

I started marinating some beef short ribs last night so we will be having some shortribs that are now cooking in the overnight marinade of dijon mustard,chili powder, brown sugar,lemon zest and juice garlic,onion,some allspice and beef stock. Will serve with baked potatoes, some spinach with evoo and garlic, a salad of just apples, carrots,celery,walnuts and raisins..I made a quick peach cobbler and have some vanilla ice cream..That's it...
kadesma:-p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom