Dinner Thursday 1/4/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BBQ ribs, onion rings and green beans for DH, Pork Lo Mein for me and my daughter.

Dinner:today I made a tasty asian stirfry (consisting of thin slices of beef, sweet snap peas, bell peppers, carrots, celery, broccoli and tofu) with a orange-ginger, garlic base and I added a tsp of chili flakes and cayenne for a spicy kick. Served on top of hot jasmine rice.

Dessert: my homemade white chocolate blueberry cheesecake. mmm =)

last night dw made cheeseburgers, steakfries, baked beans, and cheesey steamed broccoli. the burgers were burnt, like hockey pucks. :(

i dutifully ate mine though, and stuffed the boy's down his yap as well.

it's remarkable what you can eat when laziness and politics takes over.

thank god for ketchup. :chef:

I ended up fixing a steaming pot of chili and we had salami sandwiches with it.

I went ahead a browned up 4 pounds of ground beef..... 1/2 with green peppers and onion and the other 2 pounds with green peppers, onions and garlic.......this way all I have to do is thaw the meat when I'm ready to fix things like spagetti, goulash, etc...

Well, husband is coming down with a whopping cold, so last night he came home to a nice big pot of homemade vegetable soup - onions, celery, red bell pepper, petite peas, baby lima beans, French haricot-vert-type green & wax beans, whole finger-length baby carrots, yellow & white corn kernels, & baby spinach. (Oh - forgot to add that I also used one diced russet potato & 2 small zucchini in their too. Everything but the kitchen sink - lol!!!)

Last edited:
After eating canned Bush beans, Stouffers frozen dinners and Hamburger Helper EEK!!! for 3 months. I finally got into cooking a great meal last night; chicken entomatadas with melted cheese, Mexican rice, refried beans and fresh salad. My son even said, "Mom, stay home and don't go back to work if you'll cook this type of meals for us."

I am not fit to work full time..argh!; that's all I can say. I need my time and energy to spend in the kitchen making healthy and delicious meals for my family. I don't mean to vent here...I will go somewhere else to do so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom