Dinner Thursday 10-30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I got a beautiful flat iron just waiting to be seared!!!! What you good folks got going on???

I'm thinking a pork milenase will work tonight along with some just simple pasta with lemon,capers,butter and parsley, some asparagus wrapped in proscuitto and shaved parm..some warm Italian bread and maybe a small green salad, dessert chocolate pie

kadesma

I have some ground beef that needs to be used up and since its a little chilly here Im gonna make some chili!!! and some cornbread to go along with it!
Hmmm I wonder.....does zucchini work well in chili?

EDIT! After looking around for recipes, I decided to make Cincinnati chili! I never had it, hope it works out!

I have some ground beef that needs to be used up and since its a little chilly here Im gonna make some chili!!! and some cornbread to go along with it!
Hmmm I wonder.....does zucchini work well in chili?
I suppose you could add it to chili, but I'd do a separate thing with it...My guy love sliced zukes, with onion and garlic sauted in a little evoo add some chopped parsley and then at the end beat 4 or so eggs with some parmesan cheese and pour over the zukes and let the eggs set up like scrambled it's tasty and my gang loves it.
kadesma

I suppose you could add it to chili, but I'd do a separate thing with it...My guy love sliced zukes, with onion and garlic sauted in a little evoo add some chopped parsley and then at the end beat 4 or so eggs with some parmesan cheese and pour over the zukes and let the eggs set up like scrambled it's tasty and my gang loves it.
kadesma

Oh that does sound good & easy enough for me to make!! :LOL:
Thank you!!

It's bowling night for me so bar food.
I've got cream cheese mushroom chicken in the crockpot for dh. He'll boil up some noodles and serve the chicken over that for his dinner. Ds is working.

Barb

Making some Catfish "Po Boy" sandwiches, with cole slaw and some seasoned fries.
And before the Food Police strike, no, it won't exactly be a Po Boy sandwich, but
that's what I am calling eat. I mean it, LOL!

I've got a half rack of pork ribs at the house, so maybe ribs, baked beans, fries and whatever green veg the grandkids want.

got celery, gonna make that soup if its not too warm out. its supposed to be 65 today.
if its pretty warm I think we'll have grilled chicken one last time. The kids want a leaf pile anyway...

Time permitting, want to dunk some apples on a stick in caramels/marshmallows, the other half in chocolate, then rolled in peanuts -& wrap in cellophane with a bow for the trick or treaters. (They get mean when you don't get candy. LOL).

It's going to be a quick semi-homemade dinner.

Plan A:
Tomato egg drop soup (can never get the egg drops right - hope it works this time), frozen Pork buns (from the Asian market), shrimp egg rolls.

Plan B:
Have to use up some 5 cheese tortellini. Found a recipe for California Italian Wedding Soup that looks pretty good. Their's uses orzo - I'll use tortellini & make my mini Italian meat-a-balls. Garlic bread to go with and key lime pie yogurt.

I haven't cooked for ages - been working way to hard ! Fortunately DH loves cooking as well! We had pork fillets with a pepper, pecorino & port sauce; fresh asparagus and mushrooms on the side tonight and the most I had to do was to pour the wine;)

Pasta E Fagioli left over from yesterday, with NYT bread. DW is under the weather, but the soup sounds good to her.

JoeV

Well, it got to 70... I'm GRILLING!!!!
So, all you boys fighting over the chicken wild rice soup will have to wait for this weekend.
Sorry!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom