Dinner Thursday, 11-20-2014 ~ What's on your plate, mate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
(Hint, it's easy to find the Today's Menu thread if you use the format PrincessFiona60 mandates recommends. Besides, if you do it her way, she won't come "borrow" your favorite kitchen tools/cookware/china while you are sleeping.) :ermm:

I already know what we're having! This will be our last evening at the resort, so we'll be cleaning out what we have in the leftover department. Tonight's smorgasbord will have a selection of pulled pork, sirloin steak, salad, sweet potato, seafood jambalaya, shrimp and cheesy grits. Just of little left of most items, so we're thinking we might stop at Bahama Breeze for a shared app and a drink apiece. That "Painkiller" was mighty tasty! :yum: It has a cute legend, too: Origin of the Pusser's Rum Painkiller.

What is your game plan for dinner?

Clean out the fridge quesadillas withe rice black beans with onion and tomato and homemade guacamole with roasted corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

We're going to have the leftover pot roast and veggies we originally had planned for yesterday.

I just put on a pot of beef and vegetables to simmer for beef stock.

Dinner will most likely be a dish of the washed out meat and vegetables with a little prepared horseradish and a squirt of Lea & Perrins to wake them up.

Impossible Cheeseburger pie and a salad. (Remember those?)

oh my gosh, I still have that recipe that I cut out from the newspaper!
I hadn't thought of that in years, I'll need to dig that one up.

Tonight we are invited to a neighbors home, not sure
what's on the menu, but I have volunteered the dessert,
Hershey's Best Brownies that I 'pimp out'

004.JPG

Impossible Cheeseburger pie and a salad. (Remember those?)

I still have a little cookbooklet with all the Impossible bisquick recipes. Good stuff!

We get another United Way take and bake tonight: chicken something, 7 layer salad, and jello poke cake, if my memory serves me right.

Today I bought two tins of the Chorizo spam, but I think I will make a crab salad and fresh tortillas:wacko:.

I wonder if I dare dice up some of the spam and add it to the crab salad?

Today I bought two tins of the Chorizo spam, but I think I will make a crab salad and fresh tortillas:wacko:.

HA! I just got back from the market
and bought a can of the Teriyaki
for Musubi next week.
On the can there's a recipe for Breakfast Musubi with
Spam, scrambled eggs, bacon and the sticky rice,
all wrapped in a strip of Nori...
we need an emoticon for drooling!
:idea: I was just thinking that the Jalapeno Spam
would be a knock out as musubi!

Did a braised pork loin German style. Heavy S&P, seared and removed. Added thick sliced onion, then 2 crushed garlic cloves. deglazed with chicken stock and apple cider. Brought pot to a simmer, returned pork, added bay leaves and allspice berries, covered and adjusted heat to braise. Added in order of cooking time, carrots, cabbage wedges and golden delicious apple wedges. When pork was ready, I removed and tented it. Removed carrots, cabbage and spices. Blitzed the broth and apples with an immersion blender, adjusted seasoning and reduced "sauce". Added butter to make a silky finished sauce.

Served sliced roast with cabbage and carrots, mashed taters, all smothered in sauce.:yum:

Haven't had broiled marinated flank steak strips in awhile. I got a slab of flank yesterday and cut the whole thing into 1/3" thick strips, then froze them in serving sizes for later use. I marinate them for 30-60 min (up to 1lb of strips) in 4 Tbs lime juice, 2 Tbs soy sauce, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, then broil the strips on my Norpro broil pan. A baked/microwaved potato, canned or fresh green beans, salad and toasted french bread round out this meal.

I ended up making the crab salad sans the spam, but also made some rolled tortillas stuffed with fried Chorizo spam, onions, and eggs, and cheese and salsa...was very good.

Tonight we are invited to a neighbors home, not sure
what's on the menu, but I have volunteered the dessert,
Hershey's Best Brownies that I 'pimp out'

View attachment 22239

We had a lovely evening and probably stayed longer than
we should have :blush:
Mr. Neighbor was grilling, for the first time in his life,
a flank steak that he had marinaded in ketchup, soy and
Worcestershire; he said he had no idea what he was doing, that neither of them cook.
DH chimes in, "oh my wife cooks for me all of the time, that's her hobby"...
at this point Mr. Neighbor asks me to assist him.
It truly was a lovely evening.

Back
Top Bottom