Dinner Thursday 13th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kylie, that sounds delicious. Tonight we are having Baked Cod w/fresh basil cream sauce, ColdSlaw w/world's best vinaigrette, fresh steamed buttered Carrots, Jasmine rice, home-made shortbread cookies :yum:

I was going to do a turkey breast roast, but with hospital trips and not knowing whether TB is going to work or not (I am hoping not) it is all up in the air.

I didn't have anything around dinner time as I was at the hospital and there was nothing I could get that I could eat so I ended up coming home and eating things I shouldn't. Even after a month just a little bit of sugar affected me greatly - won't make that mistake again. :wacko:

Nothing. Good Lord, nothing. We had the office pot-luck Christmas luncheon today. <burp> <bloat> Ham, turkey, two kinds of dressings, hominy casserole, green been casserole, creamed corn, cheese noodle casserole, rustic bread, semolina cheese and pepper bread, several salads, red cake, apple tart, sopapilla cheesecake, etc.

We had low GI seeded bread topped with homemade chilli relish, tomato and sharp cheddar grilled till crispy served with green and orange melon salad tossed in a honey lemon dressing. It was devine!

Kylie, that sounds delicious. Tonight we are having Baked Cod w/fresh basil cream sauce, ColdSlaw w/world's best vinaigrette, fresh steamed buttered Carrots, Jasmine rice, home-made shortbread cookies :yum:

Thank you Chef xx

As does yours...love cod :yum:

The yungun is playing at the mall tonight so we're going to stop and eat in the food court and listen to his quartet play Christmas music.

Tonight we had beef mince pasta with sundried tomatoes

What exactly is this? Is there a sauce with it like our spaghetti with meat sauce (you've probably seen the thread, lol), or do you simply toss pasta with the beef and sundried tomatoes? I'd love to see what it looks like.

I have no idea what I'm having for dinner yet. I'm kind of bummed out about that. I should have managed my time better these past few hours. Now I'm sitting here wondering what to make :huh:

Well that's not good, Andy. Feel better soon!

I spelunked some spaghetti sauce with clams. Then I discovered we were out of spaghetti. So it will be with multicolored spiral pasta.

Last edited:
My left arm (primary) and right hand still hurt from my fall last weekend so DH is making hamburgers and mac and cheese for dinner. Ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

Hot soup sounds nice. I need to throw a chicken in the pressure cooker and make some chicken noodle soup with kluski noodles soon.

I found a container of pre-sauces rigatonis in the freezer and a small piece of pork loin that I *was* going to use for fajitas. So it's leftovers for me tonight. Along with some green beans and garlic bread.

Pan seared pork chop and a baked delicata squash. Chocolate ice cream.

While the oven was going, I crumbled up a good size hunk of already dried out cornbread and made crumbs. Not sure what they will be used for, but they wiill go in a freezer bag for something.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom