Dinner, Thursday 14th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That does look good Katie! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

James reminded me that we are going out to eat tonight, so I asked him where we are going. He said, "Somewhere that has prime rib." He knows how much I love it! That said, it may not be possible unless they do it special for Valentine's Day. No one around here serves prime rib except Friday-Sunday.

That does look good Katie! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

James reminded me that we are going out to eat tonight, so I asked him where we are going. He said, "Somewhere that has prime rib." He knows how much I love it! That said, it may not be possible unless they do it special for Valentine's Day. No one around here serves prime rib except Friday-Sunday.

Bring me a doggy bag :LOL:

Have fun :)

Your welcome :)

Do you know where you are going yet?
Well, no one is serving prime rib, so we decided to go out tomorrow night instead. We will go to O'Charley's. :yum:

This works out anyway, as there is a new show starting tonight ("Zero Hour"), and we have been wanting to see it.

So, since James loves chili so much (I do too, but he really, really loves it) I will make chili tonight.

Win/win for both of us. :cool:

I have master gardener class tonight; just ate a grilled ham and cheese sandwich. They usually have eats but this location doesn't always have hearty eats ;) DH can have some of the jambalaya I made this other night (decided I didn't want to stand at the stove for an hour to make gumbo). I'm thinking I'll get some scallops tomorrow and make a nice dinner to kick off the weekend.

DW and I are collaborating on Risotto and Asparagus tonight for Valentine's Day. I'm doing the prep work and she is doing the cooking under my tutelage. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it but, other than scrambled eggs and frozen pizza, DW does not really cook at all. Should be fun!
Well, our first joint cooking effort was a success! We both still have our fingers and there were no major spats. :)

img_1239580_0_d2f4f2c1ab3d147c6a8643f70722a114.jpg

Stirling suggested eating out, but I didn't want to deal with Vday crowds in restos. So, Stirling did some online research and found an Indian place that delivers. The food was pretty good, even though it took a long, long time to arrive. We'll try them again.

We had onion badjis, samosas, an onion salad (it had raw chilies, not a wonderful idea), roti, wicked balti, and a mixed tandoori meat dish. I made some brown basmati to go with that.

Nothing fancy here. DH and I both worked a little late tonight, so he picked up a take and bake pizza on his way home and I made a really nice green salad. I lit some candles and am enjoying a glass of wine while the pizza bakes and DH makes his lunch for tomorrow. We really have never celebrated Valentines Day (DH isn't much of a romantic) :( but he did tell me that the "girls" at work gave him a bad time(guide naturedly) because he wasn't bringing me flowers or taking me out for dinner. Lol! I really don't mind....it's a work night and we eat out plenty so pizza will be fine. ;).

Steve your dinner looks lovely, maybe you are starting a new tradition in the kitchen. DH and I cook together fairly often. It can be fun!

Everyone else's meals sound great as well! Enjoy! Happy Valentine's Day DC friends!

Last edited:
dave, how do they do the mussels appy?

i looked at the menu, and it's not on there. interesting looking place, though.

i love mussels. i've had them italian (fra diavolo), french (garlic, butter, wine, herbs), thai (lemongrass, ginger, garlic, chiles, lime), and chinese (black bean sauce).

dave, how do they do the mussels appy?

i looked at the menu, and it's not on there. interesting looking place, though.

i love mussels. i've had them italian (fra diavolo), french (garlic, butter, wine, herbs), thai (lemongrass, ginger, garlic, chiles, lime), and chinese (black bean sauce).

BT - it is not a regular item but one of their specials, but it seems to be a regular special. They are in a white wine cream-type sauce, very thin, with mushrooms and diced tomato and served with a good crusty bread. This is a pic from the 1st time I had them. The portions are larger, I forgot to take the pic before I started eating. LOL They are just SOOOOOO good!

And I had the Crab-a-bella for my main last night.

Attachments

• Mussels.jpg
    Mussels.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 164
Salmon is a favorite. What do you put in your yogurt sauce?

Sorry, I never came back to this thread yesterday. I make a quick yogurt sauce using equal parts plain yogurt and vanilla yogurt (the vanilla goes well with the salmon) and then add diced, peeled cucumbers, and a dash of salt and cider vinegar.

BT - it is not a regular item but one of their specials, but it seems to be a regular special. They are in a white wine cream-type sauce, very thin, with mushrooms and diced tomato and served with a good crusty bread. This is a pic from the 1st time I had them. The portions are larger, I forgot to take the pic before I started eating. LOL They are just SOOOOOO good!

And I had the Crab-a-bella for my main last night.

Oh my! One of my favorite dishes!

Back
Top Bottom