Dinner Thursday 14th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, we sure do eat a lot of schnitzels :LOL:

I love the crumbs on them, all fried really crispy YUM!!

Tonight is pork chops Scarpariello!

Pork chops, garlic, onion, pickled hot cherry peppers, roasted red peppers and a little white wine!

This is also very good made with a combination of chicken and Italian sausage.

The recipe I use is based on one used by Rao's restaurant in East Harlem. It appears in the Rao's cookbook by Frank Pellegrino.

Scarpariello translates to shoemaker, it was not a flattering style of cooking. It was meant to be a sloppy untrained cook that used whatever he could find to make a meal. The story is that it originated with the Italian men who came to New York seeking work. They would share small rooms or apartments and designate one of the men to cook for the group.

I have no idea if this is true or not but, the pork chops are very tasty! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

My daughters birthday tonight. Going out for some Dim Sum...yum

It's my daughter Caitlin's 11th birthday today!

Kids just ate themselves silly, had loads of cake and candy.

I'll be making bratwurst hotdogs with sauerkraut and mustard. Cailtin's request :)

My whole house is covered in edible glitter :rolleyes:

Tonight is pork chops Scarpariello!

Pork chops, garlic, onion, pickled hot cherry peppers, roasted red peppers and a little white wine!

This is also very good made with a combination of chicken and Italian sausage.

The recipe I use is based on one used by Rao's restaurant in East Harlem. It appears in the Rao's cookbook by Frank Pellegrino.

Scarpariello translates to shoemaker, it was not a flattering style of cooking. It was meant to be a sloppy untrained cook that used whatever he could find to make a meal. The story is that it originated with the Italian men who came to New York seeking work. They would share small rooms or apartments and designate one of the men to cook for the group.

I have no idea if this is true or not but, the pork chops are very tasty! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

omg, i love pork chops scarp! the secret i've found is to use really goos quality olive oil, and really hot peppers. yum! :pig:

I went to the grocery today for some milk and eggs. Decided since it will be just me tonight to pick up a deli pizza that I will bake (pizza pie for pi day). Picked up some lettuce and tomatoes so may make a salad too. Have some blueberry pie filling and will bake some minis with my pie maker for dessert.

It's my daughter Caitlin's 11th birthday today!

Kids just ate themselves silly, had loads of cake and candy.

I'll be making bratwurst hotdogs with sauerkraut and mustard. Cailtin's request :)

My whole house is covered in edible glitter :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday to Caitlin :)

I am making sauerkraut and country ribs. I put this in the oven and about 1/2 hour later my smoke detector went off, here the old roaster I was using had gotten a hole in the bottom side and it was leaking all over the bottom of the oven. What a mess, it was burnt black( thank goodness I had a piece of foil on the bottom of the oven). So I had to transfer to another pan. I am so sorry about my little roaster getting that hole in it, my late sister-in-law had given it to me many years ago, it was one of my favorite pans.

Since I had a huge breakfast, and more of that soup I made for lunch, I'm having broccoli with greek yogurt-dill dip. I'm not on Kylie's time line, but I seem to eat my biggest meal when she's eating hers.

Happy birthday everyone!!

I’M IN HEAVEN!! These are fantastic smoked bone-in pork chops. I haven’t been able to find any in so many years. I finally found them at Fairway supermarket.

Smoked bone-in pork chop, microwave steamed fresh baby spinach and mashed potatoes (butter, chives, sea salt, ground pepper and ½ & ½)

img_1248170_0_29d0d1e6e108580113507f1b621d4964.jpg

Tried an oddball dish for supper tonight. I got the recipe at my Danish cooking site: Pasta og plser i fad med billede Alletiders Kogebog. It's pasta with sausage (I used organic, smoked, pork sausage, which is really yummy), corn, leek, cream, and grated cheese. Had an oops - I cut the recipe in half and forgot to cut the cream and milk in half. It was pretty good, but not good enough to go on "the rotation" very often.

20130314_192609.jpg

Back
Top Bottom