Dinner Thursday 17th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love pork sausages! We've had a bit of cool weather the past few days. Cold front heading our way from Cape Town. Its 27C today, not too bad!

Making meatloaf with Green Bean, Potato and Onion Mash and some Salad.

Not sure yet, but definitely something that goes well with the first snow-fall of the season. ;)

Probably a Greek inspired pasta dish with scallops, artichokes, grape tomatoes and feta.

That looks great! I wonder how it would taste with shrimp? Think I should try it, thanks for posting the link!

I think it would taste great without any meat or fish at all :LOL:
It's very flavorful and has great texture.

I think it would taste great without any meat or fish at all :LOL:
It's very flavorful and has great texture.

That's a good idea. I love veggie pasta :yum:

Quick question.. Since you like green beans so much, have any ideas for a raw bean dish?
My son only eats them raw and I want to make something as a side with raw green beans tonight.

That's a good idea. I love veggie pasta :yum:

Quick question.. Since you like green beans so much, have any ideas for a raw bean dish?
My son only eats them raw and I want to make something as a side with raw green beans tonight.

No, sorry. I don't like raw green beans. The closest I've come to eating them raw is blanched in GG's pickled szechuan recipe.

I couldn't find this thread at first and was all excited that I might get to start it for once! Oh well, I have come to realize that living as far west as I do, I should just be thankful I got to start it once upon a time. ;)

Tonight is my first evening shift back to work. Its gotten cold and nasty again so I'm leaving a chicken/veggie/pasta casseroley type thing for the family. Everyone is going to be running again. There's a funeral Ken is attending, and dance lessons for one of our girls. I think I'm going to take some soup to work with me as I'm feeling a bit blah.

I think we're now getting the truly cold weather the rest of you have been feeling the last few days. I was enjoying our warm spell (Warmer than LA and Vegas baby!) but now its back to cold weather food. Soup, stews and chili will be on the menu for a few days I think.

No, sorry. I don't like raw green beans. The closest I've come to eating them raw is blanched in GG's pickled szechuan recipe.
I have made a raw bean salad, similar to this one:

Raw green beans - Easy Raw Food Recipe For Green Bean Salad - Raw Food Green Bean Salad Recipe with Indian Spices

It was okay--I prefer to blanch the beans a little first. I'm not big fan of raw green beans because I don't like beans that have any "fuzziness" to them. I can handle raw wax beans, but not green beans.

I've made this and liked it--but I blanched the beans.

Marinated Kale and Green Bean Salad: Recipe: bonappetit.com

I guess you could make it with raw beans.

My meatloaf was a huge success! Now if I can just remember how I made it!? I really must learn to write things down lol! Made steamed baby potatoes and green beans, tossed with lemon, olive oil, sea salt and chillies. Was going to make green bean mash but the potatoes were too cute to squash!

DH is teaching tonight, it's cold and rainy and I'm getting over a cold. Not much for dinner. I had to go to the store so I picked up some hot dogs to go with the hot dog buns DH brought home (was supposed to be hamburger buns). I'll maybe have some baked beans chips and dip.

I have made a raw bean salad, similar to this one:

Raw green beans - Easy Raw Food Recipe For Green Bean Salad - Raw Food Green Bean Salad Recipe with Indian Spices

It was okay--I prefer to blanch the beans a little first. I'm not big fan of raw green beans because I don't like beans that have any "fuzziness" to them. I can handle raw wax beans, but not green beans.

I've made this and liked it--but I blanched the beans.

Marinated Kale and Green Bean Salad: Recipe: bonappetit.com

I guess you could make it with raw beans.

Thanks CW :) I'll try these. I ended up steaming our beans and giving my sons to him raw. I only saw your post now, sorry!

Back
Top Bottom