"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
Tonight will be breakfast simply because it sounds good and I have bacon !
I like the way you think. I think this will be my plan B.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
Executive Chef

I am going to put together a chicken pot pie this afternoon. Biscuit toppers and serve extra biscuits with butter and honey.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #13
Head Chef

Spinach pasta with oil & garlic, asparagus, cherry tomatoes & parmesan cheese. I have lots of fresh fruit for dessert - mangos, strawberries, blueberries, melon - for a fresh fruit salad.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
Master Chef

Today will be a puzzlement. My husband is going to the dentist for the first time in (he says) 18 years. I just counted up and it is more like 25. He's ignored teeth falling out until this last loose one which is up front. The thing is that the doc can't really do anything, he's supposed to be on antibiotics before anything is involved. Picture me rolling my eyes. Even if the doc just does x-rays, his mouth will be sore. Luckily hubby is very dental hygiene oriented otherwise so it will all be ok. But ... think there's some spinach and I bought milk and have some cream of something soup I can blend.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #15
Certified Pretend Chef

Today was a day off for SO. She had a medical appointment in the AM then we headed to an outlet mall and a late lunch at a local steak house chain. We had a big lunch around 3:00 PM so dinner will likely be a snack.

I had black bean soup, we shared a calamari appetizer. I had a giant burger with fries and a beer. SO had a haddock sandwich with fries and slaw.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #16
Executive Chef

came here for some ideas before I head out to the grocery......bacon, biscuits/butter/honey...it is very cold today, won't get above freezing and down to the teens tonight....thinking chili sounds good
Old 04-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #17
Master Chef

Tomorrow is the yungun's 25th birthday and he has to work. So we're doing his birthday dinner tonight. Have some steaks I'll throw on the grill. Picked up some lettuce for salads and some potato salad at the store.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Happy 25th Birthday to your son Jab

Sounds like a lovely dinner will be set up for him
Old 04-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #19
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
came here for some ideas before I head out to the grocery......bacon, biscuits/butter/honey...it is very cold today, won't get above freezing and down to the teens tonight....thinking chili sounds good
Beth, are you at a higher elevation? That seems very cold for this time of year.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Beth, are you at a higher elevation? That seems very cold for this time of year.
yep, I am at about 7,000 feet elevation. The weather has been quite warm the past several weeks and yesterdays' snow melted quickly because the ground was warm. The NWS has just dropped the predicted low to 12*F for tonight. Surprisingly, to me, there is significant fruit tree production in the area but I have noticed the trees are on northerly slopes, to protect from this type of weather. I have friends' backyard fruit trees in bloom right now and this weather does not bode well for them.

Tags
dinner