Dinner Thursday 18th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having oven roasted chicken legs and roast potatoes, parsnip and carrots, all covered in gravy :yum:

Meatloaf with Italian spices surrounded by a pool of tomato sauce covered in melted mozzarella.

Curried minced beef served with yellow basmati and chutney.

Meatballs stuffed into pita pockets with chopped salad.

Bobotie.

Sloppy Joes

Cottage Pie .................................

I think we have "karbonader". That's fried, breaded, ground pork patties. It's a recommendation and recipe from my Danish recipe site. I have to figure out what to serve with it. I don't want the stewed peas and carrots. Never had that, but it sounds gross.

I think fried onions would go well with that. But I think I want more veg than just onions and potatoes.

Last edited:
Meatloaf with Italian spices surrounded by a pool of tomato sauce covered in melted mozzarella.

Curried minced beef served with yellow basmati and chutney.

Meatballs stuffed into pita pockets with chopped salad.

Bobotie.

Sloppy Joes

Cottage Pie .................................

Thanks Snip! Maybe meatloaf or Sloppy Joes tonight, thanks for the suggestions.

Tonight will be breakfast simply because it sounds good and I have bacon !

Spinach pasta with oil & garlic, asparagus, cherry tomatoes & parmesan cheese. I have lots of fresh fruit for dessert - mangos, strawberries, blueberries, melon - for a fresh fruit salad.

Today will be a puzzlement. My husband is going to the dentist for the first time in (he says) 18 years. I just counted up and it is more like 25. He's ignored teeth falling out until this last loose one which is up front. The thing is that the doc can't really do anything, he's supposed to be on antibiotics before anything is involved. Picture me rolling my eyes. Even if the doc just does x-rays, his mouth will be sore. Luckily hubby is very dental hygiene oriented otherwise so it will all be ok. But ... think there's some spinach and I bought milk and have some cream of something soup I can blend.

Today was a day off for SO. She had a medical appointment in the AM then we headed to an outlet mall and a late lunch at a local steak house chain. We had a big lunch around 3:00 PM so dinner will likely be a snack.

I had black bean soup, we shared a calamari appetizer. I had a giant burger with fries and a beer. SO had a haddock sandwich with fries and slaw.

came here for some ideas before I head out to the grocery......bacon, biscuits/butter/honey:yum:...it is very cold today, won't get above freezing and down to the teens tonight....thinking chili sounds good

Tomorrow is the yungun's 25th birthday and he has to work. So we're doing his birthday dinner tonight. Have some steaks I'll throw on the grill. Picked up some lettuce for salads and some potato salad at the store.

Happy 25th Birthday to your son Jab :)

Sounds like a lovely dinner will be set up for him

came here for some ideas before I head out to the grocery......bacon, biscuits/butter/honey:yum:...it is very cold today, won't get above freezing and down to the teens tonight....thinking chili sounds good

Beth, are you at a higher elevation? That seems very cold for this time of year.

Beth, are you at a higher elevation? That seems very cold for this time of year.

yep, I am at about 7,000 feet elevation. The weather has been quite warm the past several weeks and yesterdays' snow melted quickly because the ground was warm. The NWS has just dropped the predicted low to 12*F for tonight. Surprisingly, to me, there is significant fruit tree production in the area but I have noticed the trees are on northerly slopes, to protect from this type of weather. I have friends' backyard fruit trees in bloom right now and this weather does not bode well for them.

Back
Top Bottom