Dinner Thursday 18th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am exhausted from a long day with a lot of walking, so we are ordering Chinese tonight. They have a wonderful won ton soup. I usually get spicy orange chicken and DH gets boneless pork ribs. We both get the pork fried rice. It's very good.

I have a headache and don't feel like cooking. We ordered from Mr. Falafel. No falafel this time. One beef platter, one chicken platter with tabouli instead of the regular salad.

Had some dental work done, and I'm tired too, so we had Slop (frozen mixed vegetables with Idahoan mashed potatoes and Velveeta, nuked). Quick and easy comfort food, DH had 3 helpings. Tres chic, oui?

Wound up just nuking vegs and leftover Spanish rice and some fried shrimp. His major dental work will start in about two week and I told him that maybe I wanted a steak this weekend, because he'll need soft food for quite awhile. I'm trying very hard not to re-gain the 30 lbs I lost in the past 18 months or so, eating blah, non-textured food for the next three months probably will help.

Tonight we had the pancakes and bacon we didn't have last night.
img_1259806_0_53bd0b7be46f863a46c9c2120ec0ad10.jpg

What? You have curly bacon in Canada? :LOL:

Kidding. If it curls up, it means there are parts that aren't cooking. So when I fry bacon, I set an old pot on top of it to keep it flat. I like uniform crispiness. :)
I was wondering if you used something heavy while cooking it. I'm too lazy to wash an extra pot. I usually cook mine in lots of bacon fat, so it still gets uniformly crisp.

If you fry bacon it on a lower temp it will not curl as much, either. It takes a bit more time but it comes out nicer and no fear of burning.

Tax: For the Anchovies and Caper pasta I use one small tin of anchovies and a couple of tblsp of capers for two portions. Give them a good rinse first, then get that going in a good amount of olive oil with some garlic, onions, chopped tomato and red pepper. Basil. Then a splash of white wine for good measure. Toss in hot pasta and finish with a liberal amount of coarse ground pepper, fresh Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley.

If you fry bacon it on a lower temp it will not curl as much, either. It takes a bit more time but it comes out nicer and no fear of burning.

Tax: For the Anchovies and Caper pasta I use one small tin of anchovies and a couple of tblsp of capers for two portions. Give them a good rinse first, then get that going in a good amount of olive oil with some garlic, onions, chopped tomato and red pepper. Basil. Then a splash of white wine for good measure. Toss in hot pasta and finish with a liberal amount of coarse ground pepper, fresh Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley.
Ooh, sounds even better now. Thanks Roch. I've copied and pasted the recipe. I'll have to see how much a tin of anchovies contains. I buy mine in olive oil in a jar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom