"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Tonight we are making Chicken Stroganoff with lemon infused rice
I have never thought of Chicken Stroganoff. I've made it with beef and pork before, and a veggie version with mushrooms, but never tried it with chicken. I must give it a go!
__________________

__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #22
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
The Tikka Masala came out pretty good, but for whatever reason, I forgot to buy basmati rice. So we ate it with Thai sweet rice. Not the same as basmati, but not bad.

Yep, that looks pretty good! Nice to see curries being enjoyed around the globe! (And a little "fusion" cooking there with the rice). (Basmati is best, but I have been known to use Long Grain in a pinch!)
__________________

__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #23
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 5,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Oh, but that looks yummy. Steve have you ever posted the recipe for this? I would love to have it.
Hi Linda, this is actually not my recipe. It's from Epicurious.

Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe at Epicurious.com

I made one tweak. Instead of 4 tsps turmeric, I used 1 tsp turmeric and a tablespoon of sweet paprika. Oh, and I also had a leftover baked potato and some peas in the fridge, so I added those (curry is a great way to use up leftovers). Other than that, I stuck pretty much to the recipe. It was really quite good.
__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #24
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 5,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
Yep, that looks pretty good! Nice to see curries being enjoyed around the globe! (And a little "fusion" cooking there with the rice). (Basmati is best, but I have been known to use Long Grain in a pinch!)
We love curry. So much, in fact, that a couple of years ago I bought a book called "50 Great Curries of India" and made a different recipe from the book every Monday night for almost a year.

After that, I took a break for awhile because I was somewhat curried out. But now I've started enjoying them again.
__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
I have never thought of Chicken Stroganoff. I've made it with beef and pork before, and a veggie version with mushrooms, but never tried it with chicken. I must give it a go!
It is really tasty, we actually prefer it with chicken than beef
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
The Tikka Masala came out pretty good, but for whatever reason, I forgot to buy basmati rice. So we ate it with Thai sweet rice. Not the same as basmati, but not bad.

Looks wonderful!
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post

Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe at Epicurious.com

I made one tweak. Instead of 4 tsps turmeric, I used 1 tsp turmeric and a tablespoon of sweet paprika. Oh, and I also had a leftover baked potato and some peas in the fridge, so I added those (curry is a great way to use up leftovers). Other than that, I stuck pretty much to the recipe. It was really quite good.
Thanks for sharing the recipe, we will be trying this one
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #28
Sous Chef
 
mmyap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 673
I'm being adventurous (unwillingly) with the Jambalaya. The recipe calls for 3 cups long grain rice. I only had two cups left so I'm using Quinoa for the last cup. This should be interesting.
__________________
mmyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #29
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 5,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Thanks for sharing the recipe, we will be trying this one
You're very welcome, Kylie!
__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Hi Linda, this is actually not my recipe. It's from Epicurious.

Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe at Epicurious.com

I made one tweak. Instead of 4 tsps turmeric, I used 1 tsp turmeric and a tablespoon of sweet paprika. Oh, and I also had a leftover baked potato and some peas in the fridge, so I added those (curry is a great way to use up leftovers). Other than that, I stuck pretty much to the recipe. It was really quite good.
Thanks Steve. It may not be your recipe, but you have tried it and it works.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.