Dinner Thursday 2/16/17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Craig was working in the area of our go-to place for stone crab claws so he picked up 3 pounds. We'll also have a small shrimp cocktail and a few pot stickers with shrimp and sausage filling, both from the freezer, still working on using stuff up. :rolleyes:

Picked up some wild salmon for me and some haddock for SO for dinner tonight. Haddock gets baked, the salmon will be pan fried and some broccoli will get steamed.

We're on "baby watch," because Glenn's youngest son and his wife are within 4 days of #2 arriving. No baby yet, in spite of a full moon, partial eclipse and comet. Come on little one!!!! Really?

For supper tonight, leftover white beans and smoked turkey necks. Will probably finish the last of the garlic-basil baguette and, mea culpa, Hostess strawberry cupcakes for dessert.

I'm tired and ready to see tomorrow.

I was craving Buffalo Wings today, but the store didn't have anything but frozen. So tonight's dinner was Buffalo Legs with creamy cucumber salad. :yum:

img_1499323_0_14df8283984c7daabca693b6b63a1a3f.jpg

Last edited:
Mmmm....looks delish, Steve!

I had a BLT salad this afternoon :yum:, sliced apples on the side. Fixin' to have a cup or so of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I spent the day out for lunch and shopping at the Green Grocery with Missus Dear Friend, we had a blast. Mrs.DF is not the biggest cook and wanted some help in what produce she should buy and how to best prepare it, since they've gone Pescetarian.
So for early supper for my handsome hunky husband, I bought him some Unagi or Eel Sushi, that's right! I found 2 places here in the middle of the desert that sell sushi and it's not bad at all!

Went Greek tonight. Roasted pollock with Penzeys Greek Seasoning and lemon slices, orzo with lemon juice and zest, oregano and toasted pine nuts, and braised green beans and tomatoes with minced garlic and more Greek Seasoning. Pita chips and tzatziki on the side.
0216172005b_HDR.jpg

I was down with the flu again today so TB fended for himself. That meant a polish hot dog in a gluten free bun with tortilla chips on the side with salsa. Then on his first break at work, french fries at McDonald's. I did make two of his sandwiches so he ate those on breaks two and three. I think he took a muffin AND cookies and grapes so dessert is definitely covered! I am so thankful I got a bunch of GF baking items on the weekend!

I have been sipping on ginger ale, water and eating papaya which, I am told is a natural stomach remedy. I think it is working.

I made a huge haul with produce at the dollar store today and came home with enough for the neighbors too. I just couldn't get over the abundance and assortment, so I kept buying. The fridge is stuffed, even after sharing.

Tonight I roasted a full sheet pan of asparagus, tri colored bell pepper strips, Portabella mushroom wedges, all seasoned with olive oil/garlic/Italian herbs/salt and finished with an abundance of Italian cheeses.
It went great with our luscious lamb chops, and Texas toast.

We're on "baby watch," because Glenn's youngest son and his wife are within 4 days of #2 arriving. No baby yet, in spite of a full moon, partial eclipse and comet. Come on little one!!!! Really?.

Break out the spicy food. Hot peppers! That'll get the little one moving. Just set the doctor up with a catcher's mitt, and load momma up with some jalepeños.

CD ;)

Everything I did today took longer than it should have. Didn't have enough time to cook, so we ate at our International House of Leftovers.

I won the South tonight, finishing off the ribs/beans/mac-and-cheese/collard greens and bacon. Himself visited Asia, having most the the chicken soup and finishing off the shrimp stir-fry.

I'd better cook tomorrow. We have barely enough leftover for one...:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom