Dinner Thursday, 2-27-2014 ~ How are you playing with food today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a chunk of seared boneless pork loin going in the crockpot, smothered in sauerkraut with caraway seed, doused with beer. Will serve that snuggled up to mashed potatoes and have some green beans on the side - mostly for color. ;)

Do you have plans yet? Or are you making a grocery run to decide?

No idea, but I'm not looking forward to it. Our regular cook is off sick til next week minimum and the replacement is terrible. We had cardboard pork chops and soupy mashed potatoes yesterday. Today is going to be ginger beef and gummy rice I suspect.

I'm leaving a roast chicken and all the fixin's for the family here, hope they save me some leftovers!

I was going to make split pea soup in the CP, but when I looked in the freezer for the ham bone, I discovered I already had split pea soup. And Pasta y Fagioli. And chili. So one of those, I'll let DH pick.

The sauce I made last night was so good I just might have a repeat performance. Less to freeze that way.
What I really have a taste for though is chicken wings. I am out of wings though.

Buried treasure baked beans ( with pork chops) are in a slow oven right now making my house smell really nice. Probably spinach salad for color alongside. I made custard rice pudding today too.

I have some browned chicken leg quarters in the crock-pot, along with garlic and fresh rosemary. In a few minutes I'll add some quartered potatoes. We'll have steamed fresh Brussels sprouts as a green side, tea for our beverage and pina colada cake for dessert.

Another meal of Everything by the kitchen sink soup...I added the leftover pepperettes and some hot sauce, got some buttermilk biscuits baking in the oven.

(Soup was 13 different kinds of beans (not green), cabbage, tomatoes [jarred from the garden], onion, garlic, fennel, carrots, dry sherry, celery, green and yellow sweet peppers, seasoning was bouquet garni, and some lemon zest at the end to brighten in up--very good, even better now that it is "hetted" up a bit.)

TB is having a steak with baked potato, mushrooms, onions and greek salad.

I am having a small salmon salad (with baked salmon from yesterday) and a new recipe for an avocado lime dressing.

Another meal of Everything by the kitchen sink soup...I added the leftover pepperettes and some hot sauce, got some buttermilk biscuits baking in the oven.

(Soup was 13 different kinds of beans (not green), cabbage, tomatoes [jarred from the garden], onion, garlic, fennel, carrots, dry sherry, celery, green and yellow sweet peppers, seasoning was bouquet garni, and some lemon zest at the end to brighten in up--very good, even better now that it is "hetted" up a bit.)

Soup sounds really yummy!

DH is gone, the yungun is gone so it's just me. Ate a Fiber One bar this morning and it had really torn up the system today. Not sure what I'll make. Maybe a ham and cheese omelet with toast.

I forgot to take meat out of the freezer, so it will probably linguine Alfredo or fusilli carbonara. I have bacon that isn't frozen.

Yes! The local store actually had fresh chicken wings! Amazing.
Wings and wedges here tonight. I'll make a sauce using orange marmelade again.

I forgot to take meat out of the freezer, so it will probably linguine Alfredo or fusilli carbonara. I have bacon that isn't frozen.
I decided on the linguine Alfredo. I'm not what made me think of Caesar salad, but I had all the ingredients, so I Googled Caesar salad and it turned out really good. That was one tasty supper.

33814-albums294-picture5850.jpg

Back
Top Bottom