Dinner Thursday, 2-6-2014 ~ Dinner planning have you bogged down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Yes, in my case, since I'll be making "Jory's Favorite Chicken Bog". It's a new-to-me recipe I got from a murder mystery book. Some of my favorite recipes have come from murder mysteries - I love seeing the reaction of guests when they try a food, say they like it and ask where I found the recipe! :LOL: Haven't killed anyone yet. Of course, I always try these out on Himself first...:ermm:

It's basically chicken, mirepoix, smoked sausage, and rice. This recipe is similar but with a different mix of herbs and seasonings. The recipe I'm using also includes 2 Tbsp of butter - Paula Deen's uses an entire stick! :ohmy: Guess it's one of her pre-diabetes recipes.

Using up some smoked sausage in a casserole. New recipe, so we'll see.

We will have twice baked potatoes and soup. The soup will probably be roasted root vegi bisque. If I am feeling less ambitious, it will be Andy's tomato soup. If I'm feeling downright lazy, it will be Habitant French Canadian Pea Soup.

I had a big bowl of leftover pork scallopini/piccata over egg noodles around 2:30.
Dinner remains to be decided...

Dinner is done and dusted here. I had Teriyaki Salmon & mixed bean salad..it sounds virtuous, until you count the glass of red wine that washed it all down!

mmm, salmon...
I need to pick up a nice piece of salmon. I haven't had any for a while.

I have a bowl of chili to warm up, and I'm thinking I should throw a pan of corn bread in the oven. Mostly because I'd like some warm cornbread split with melty butter and honey.

Baked haddock loins, probably splashed with lemon and butter and served with boiled potatoes, spinach and broccoli.

DH is picking up a chicken taco salad from Taco John's. We'll split it. He brought one home the other day, it was surprisingly good, with a lot of chicken.

I told Shrek, if he wanted to share dinner with me, he had two choices...oatmeal or cream of wheat. He chose oatmeal.

Back
Top Bottom