Dinner Thursday 22nd November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well... Turkey.. one smoked one in a outdoor roaster... Ham.. spiral sliced.. mashed potatos and gravy.. brussel sprouts simmered in chicken broth then sauteed in olive oil infused with garlic.. corn on the cob.. stuffing .. cranberry sauce... Oh.. atomic buffalo turds.. buffalo chicken dip.. pigs in a blanket.. deviled eggs for starters... Then pumpkin pie.. peanut butter pie.. cheesecake for desserts.. better get busy...

The full Thanksgiving dinner here... pumpkin soup, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, brussel sprouts, the traditional Pillsbury Crescent rolls and green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie.

I make my B sprouts just the opposite, Q, I saute them first to give them caramelization, then simmer in chicken broth. Two ways to skin the cat.
Sounds like a real feast you are putting together. Very nice!

Tonight I'll probably get to the wings I did not make last night, or maybe pick something else up at the store.

pacanis said:
I make my B sprouts just the opposite, Q, I saute them first to give them caramelization, then simmer in chicken broth. Two ways to skin the cat.
Sounds like a real feast you are putting together. Very nice!

Tonight I'll probably get to the wings I did not make last night, or maybe pick something else up at the store.

Thanks... Really looking forward to using this roaster...

Going to sis-in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner. I know there will be turkey there, and since I've been charged with bringing potatoes, I know there will be those, too. Beyond that, I don't much know.

By the way, I decided to make Potatoes Dauphinoise. Very elegant. And since I'm not a white potato eater, I'm also bringing along Chili-Lime Sweet Potatoes. :yum:

Happy Thanksgiving U.S.A.

We got a free turkey from Shop-Rite (spend XXX $$ get a free turkey), we also got some gift cards for Shop-Rite so dinner will be lovely.

My Thanksgiving pies. I will whip up some heavy cream with vanilla and a bit of sugar later to top.

img_1209763_0_7167c1692ead925d696b9c6d2df72316.jpg

img_1209763_1_7e1c088399d41988c0152a0eccacc5f0.jpg

The apple pie isn't brown because it's burned. I gave it a milk wash. Then I gave it a nice dusting of Trader Joe's cinnamon sugar grinder. You can't see it in the picture but the light is sparkling off the sugar crystals. It looks so good. LOL

Menu:

Appetizers
Stuffed Mushrooms
Cream cheese, stuffed green olive & walnut poppers

Entrée
Roasted Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Sweet Potato & Acorn Squash
Brussels sprouts
String bean salad
Mashed potatoes
Turkey Gravy
Cranberry/Tangerine Relish
Cranberry sauce

Dessert
Apple pie
Pumpkin pie
Homemade Whipped cream

Beverages
Assorted soda
Sparkling cranberry apple cider

We've got a pretty traditional Thanksgiving meal going, too. Turkey with stuffing is in the oven; extra dressing is in the fridge. Dough for rolls is going in the bread machine (never done this before - hope it turns out!). Next will be making mashed potatoes and roasted butternut squash, then gravy with the turkey-neck stock I made Tuesday. Pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream for dessert.

Cuban style roast pork, black beans and rice, vegis, Cuban bread and stone crab claws as an appetizer.

Happy Thanksgiving U.S.A.

We got a free turkey from Shop-Rite (spend XXX $$ get a free turkey), we also got some gift cards for Shop-Rite so dinner will be lovely.

My Thanksgiving pies. I will whip up some heavy cream with vanilla and a bit of sugar later to top.

img_1209807_0_7167c1692ead925d696b9c6d2df72316.jpg

img_1209807_1_7e1c088399d41988c0152a0eccacc5f0.jpg

The apple pie isn't brown because it's burned. I gave it a milk wash. Then I gave it a nice dusting of Trader Joe's cinnamon sugar grinder. You can't see it in the picture but the light is sparkling off the sugar crystals. It looks so good. LOL

Menu:

Appetizers
Stuffed Mushrooms
Cream cheese, stuffed green olive & walnut poppers

Entrée
Roasted Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Sweet Potato & Acorn Squash
Brussels sprouts
String bean salad
Mashed potatoes
Turkey Gravy
Cranberry/Tangerine Relish
Cranberry sauce

Dessert
Apple pie
Pumpkin pie
Homemade Whipped cream

Beverages
Assorted soda
Sparkling cranberry apple cider

happy thanksgiving, msm! the pies are perfection! the shining light sparkling off of your pie is not from the sugar crystals, msm. that sparkling light is reflecting from your face, which is aglow with hope and thankfulness! look to the light, it is a beacon for the future....

I'm at my shop....opening just half day. One of my employees cooked a whole turkey mole for all of us for breakfast and lunch. Good stuff.....had some of that already.
Tonight, we're feasting at my in-laws for 2 styles of turkey, the traditional western style with gravy and the juicy Central American style. They're setting up tables outside in the patio for about 40.

Kathleen made core of her Thanksgiving menu as it was just the two of us.

Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, thanksgiving salad, and dumplings. She forgot the asparagus, but that was fine.

The meal was fantastic, and I don't feel so stuffed as if she had made the full spread.

*burp*

The full Thanksgiving dinner here... pumpkin soup, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, brussel sprouts, the traditional Pillsbury Crescent rolls and green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie.

Sounds perfect! :yum:

I've always wanted to try this recipe and today is as good a day as any. I had some nice big spuds in the last bag I bought, too, which will work well.
Not that I've entirely ruled out wings :)

I had a lovely meal with some dear friends. Spread out over 4 hours, in order of apprearance; champagne, we all successfully avoided the nut and dried fruit appetizers, ham, scalloped potatoes, brussel sprouts, broccoli, corn pudding, cole slaw, pop overs, cappuccinos, pumpkin custard and home made ice cream.

We traveled to my favorite cousin's house, where we had a very bland, glutin-free meal with a lot of great folks. I took the turkey carcass back to BIL's house, where we are making a nice stock.

Back
Top Bottom