Dinner Thursday 24th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to have to work on finishing off the corn-potato-shrimp chowder I made. Kylie, don't you ever have leftovers? How do you make 2 portions without any leftovers?

yeah, cws, i just noticed that. what's the deal, kylie?

i think she uses the leftovers to fatten up those tasty kangaroos in the back yard. ;)

i think i'm going to be making chili today.

What cut is a pork fillet, Kylie?

I might have pork tonight, too. Maybe piccata.

I'm going to have to work on finishing off the corn-potato-shrimp chowder I made. Kylie, don't you ever have leftovers? How do you make 2 portions without any leftovers?

Oh my soul! You chowder sounds delish :yum:

I'm making roast chicken (just for hubby and kids) and pap (maize meal) with morogo (spinach sauteed with tomato, onion, stock, chillies and a bunch of other african spices).

Don't know what Kylie does with her leftovers but mine get devoured by my kids the next day or used in another meal. My hubby also eats meat leftovers when he plays computer games till odd hours of the morning :LOL:

Tonight we're having breakfast for dinner. Vanilla bean pancakes, sausage, eggs over medium and homefries with peppers and onions.

Spaghetti with marinara sauce for me and soup for SO. She's still trying to lose a year's worth of weight in a month. Gotta look good in the bathing suit.

CWS, we very rarely have leftovers, we tend to use just enough for 2 people :)

When we cook chicken dishes, we only use one chicken breast and if we use beef mince, we only use about 250g of mince...so with the pork fillet, we had a full one that we cut in half and freeze half and use the other half for the recipe...so really only cooking what we need :)

Then we can have a different meal every night! ;)

Back
Top Bottom