"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-25-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Dinner Thursday 25th April 2013

We are making some chicken burgers tonight!

We have crusty white rolls, mincing up some chicken breasts and having some fresh salad thrown in too

Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
Senior Cook

We are having Meatloaf, Mash Potatoes and Fried Okra tonight.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
Executive Chef

grazing tonight

have some leftover, really nice ww Carr's crackers from the pot luck last night...will do cheese (smoked provolone, and some swiss cheese) and crackers plus some sliced apples smeared with cajeta
Old 04-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

We'll be having some leftover lasagna out of the freezer.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

We're going to a book-launch party tonight. The food & wine editor of a local magazine has written a cookbook/travel book called "Dishing Up Virginia!" and the launch party is at the Mariner's Museum in Newport News, VA. We'll be up your way, Jabbur! <waving>

I took a food-writing class with him a couple of years ago. That was really fun - we went to restaurants and then practiced writing up reviews and recipes.

Local chefs will be preparing food from the book, or inspired by the book. Here's more info: Dishing Up Virginia! with Patrick Evans-Hylton, A food tasting and book launch event!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
Master Chef

Something with pesto. Hubby gets to choose the pasta (Barilla was on sale a week or so again, so the pantry is full!). With, of course a salad.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
Master Chef

Steak and salad.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
Executive Chef

I am on Day 3 not smoking. My acupuncturist has left so many teeny tiny holes all over my body I should be leaking like a sieve and may inadvertantly drownd if I take a bath. She also has me on a cleansing diet. Nevertheless I feel bloated from all this fruit juice and yogurt/ kefir smoothies I'[ve been making. I can't have regular snacks and no caffeine,. I'm probably wound up enough. . Besides, I'm not hungry. Also, I am starting to feel like I have a short fuse. Well, at least I sleep a lot. Which is just as well. THe less time I am awake, the less time I need to figure how to keep busy. The thing I find is today, I have a more acute sense of smell. I mostly smoked in my den, sometimes in the kitchen, not much. My house smells. Never knew this before. Never upstairs in the library. That's the only "safe room" in my house at present that doesn't have a tell-tale smell. I think the drapes are hitting the dry cleaners tomorrow.

Well, enough about me. It's not all about me, it's just I got ants in my pants and the crawlies if I would allow that to creep in sideways. Time to listen to that "relaxation cd" again. while the charcoal fires up. I can multi task, Deep breathe while I speed type.

Dinner is not too drastic. Broccoli with lemon, Grilled chicken ( making extra for manana too) and brown rice. It's what I have on hand, and on the approved list and I like these things and it's a nice day out for grilling.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Something with pesto. Hubby gets to choose the pasta (Barilla was on sale a week or so again, so the pantry is full!). With, of course a salad.

Yeah Claire. Great Idea Today for Pesto is wfd tommorry. I still have some home-made in the freezer, along with leftover chicken, a can-do salad , with pasta and some chopped fresh veggies and I can throw in an extra pieces broccoli when I make tonight's dinner. I was thinking something in the neighborhood of chicken taco/ burritos, which I make way too often. I can have unleavened /no yeast starches, pasta ok, and the list I was given said no broken / chopped nuts. Only whole fresh nuts. Can't figure this part out. What's the difference. I usually make pesto with walnuts or raw almonds, they started out Whole before they met the whisk-o-lator, got put in bags straight to the freezer. Two- three feet from freezer to counter to table vs how many thousand miles did that fresh pineapple travel to reach its destination here. ??" It also doesn't want me to have cheese right now either, so I will ask my accupuncture lady tommorow morning if this is ok or no. I am being pretty rigid RIght now about following this diet plan. I can forego adding extra parmesan. O and not pickled things, so no Med/ greek olives. sheesh. Still, there is a long list of " approved" foods and it's not so long a list of foods to avoid. I can do this. I am hopeful.

You, and this group are so helpful in ways you don;t even know. Ha.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Insalata di finocchio, pasta (150g) col pomodoro e formaggio (locatelli pecorino romano), and vino rosso.

Tags
dinner