Dinner Thursday 25th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making a chicken cashew masala curry, with naan bread and lemon infused basmati rice :chef:

ForumRunner_20130725_131933.jpg

This will be part of dinner tonight. The yungun caught these Tues night and cooked them yesterday. Will be picking them shortly. We'll add the shark steaks he brought home to the menu as well. Not sure how I'll cook the fish yet. Not that familiar with shark. I have some Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuit mix that I'll make and have salads too.

Today, being Thursday, it was a case of putting something together from what I have left before my weekly shopping trip tomorrow. So I made roasted bell peppers stuffed with fried smoked bacon and mushrooms, along with cubed feta, peas and a little paprika and cayenne. I boiled and then fried slices of new potato in butter (with a little more paprika) and added mint, garlic, salt and pepper to some left over sour cream and had that on the side. It came out pretty well!

Last edited:
Yesterday's chops were so big and fully stuffed that Himself and I were too after splitting only one of them. Leftovers! I'll use up broccoli or, maybe, make fried cabbage and noodles (shh, don't tell Himself in case I end up not making them~he loves that). Then again, we'll be running errands later so maybe we'll stop somewhere.

It looks fabulous Jab, nice fresh seafood, cant beat it :)

I must confess that although I will eat crab and lobster - it's only if someone else prepares them! I find them horrific to deal with. I'm okay with prawns though. :)

(Seriously, a crab up close looks like an alien!)

I must confess that although I will eat crab and lobster - it's only if someone else prepares them! I find them horrific to deal with. I'm okay with prawns though. :)

(Seriously, a crab up close looks like an alien!)

This is only the second time in my 50+ years of life that I've picked crabs. I had to go to youtube to find a video on how to do it to refresh my memory. I love crab but I really would prefer someone else do the picking! I've got pruny fingers and I've washed my hands several times and they they still smell "fishy." Fortunately, my kid doesn't go fishing that often and this is the first time he brought anything home!

This is only the second time in my 50+ years of life that I've picked crabs. I had to go to youtube to find a video on how to do it to refresh my memory. I love crab but I really would prefer someone else do the picking! I've got pruny fingers and I've washed my hands several times and they they still smell "fishy." Fortunately, my kid doesn't go fishing that often and this is the first time he brought anything home!

Phew! Not just me then! :)

As for crabcakes? Hm, very nice! :yum:

Home made?

Yes, I saw some Vidalia onions and crimini mushrooms in the market last week and grabbed them with the idea of making this pizza. Getting tired of the same old same old - Margarita one time and pepperoni the next...

Yes, I saw some Vidalia onions and crimini mushrooms in the market last week and grabbed them with the idea of making this pizza. Getting tired of the same old same old - Margarita one time and pepperoni the next...

Andy, you need to try baked Vidalia onions. They are addictive and perfect with beef or pork roast or roast chicken.

Well that sounds lovely then! :yum:

It ain't pretty, but that's what we had...

Looks good to me, Rock!

Jabbur, I know just what you mean, we had Maryland crab boil a while back with Baby Bro and wifey, dang, what a pain to pick through, so good though!

We have leftover grilled ribeye and cukes in sour cream sauce, so that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom