Dinner Thursday 27th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds great, Babe! I love pulling a frozen container out and wondering what it is :)

Here's some pics of the recipe link I posted. I added shrooms.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 186
Looks good, pac... Bet some fresh tuna would work well in that...

We are having left over beef tenderloin and mashed potatoes.. maybe a green veggie or some sliced up roma tomatoes..

Would you be open to sharing the flatbread recipe please? I so enjoy making breads of any type.
ma

Ma, for you, anything! :) Best Gluten-Free Flatbread - The Fit Cookie. You could probably use sugar instead of stevia though you may need more. Stevia is a natural sweetener and is good for diabetics and people like me who can't have any type of sugar. I have a tortilla press but you can do this with a rolling pin as well. I cooked them on my Griddler and they were very quick. TB took some for his sandwiches and we enjoyed it warm with "butter" at lunch.

By the way, did you ever try the fudge? Did it work out as you hoped?

sure looks real good, pac! to me, 'creamy cajun chicken pasta' reads, lotta GRAVY!!! do you use heavy whipping cream as in the recipe, or something less fatty, like half-and-half? what do you think of cubed ham for the meat--too much of a stretch? i really like a spicy creamy gravy with ham (which i'm not too crazy about)--but i have this big hunk of boneless ham in the freezer, a freebie from thanksgiving....

Last edited:
That sounds great, Babe! I love pulling a frozen container out and wondering what it is :)

Here's some pics of the recipe link I posted. I added shrooms.

Pac, These pics could be of the dinner I made tonight! I altered the recipe slightly.....my chicken has already been grilled, I just sliced it in strips sautéd it with green onion, some bell pepper that needed to get used and 1 lonely mushroom also needing to get used and the tomatoes. I used the herbs and spices in the recipe threw in a splash of white wine and the heavy cream. Very tasty! I didn't take any pictures, but I didn't need to as mine looked just like yours! Lol! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Last edited:
Thanks.
A splash of dry vermouth (my goto wine substitute) would have put this over the top. I'll have to remember that.
I used whipping cream, Vit. Ham instead of chicken would work really well, too.

Thanks.
A splash of dry vermouth (my goto wine substitute) would have put this over the top. I'll have to remember that.
I used whipping cream, Vit. Ham instead of chicken would work really well, too.
I learned that vermouth trick from Julia Child. It stays good for months in an open bottle and already has herbs in it.

Every time I see this recipe, my mouth waters. Sadly, SO dislikes cream sauces so it probably never see the light of day here.

Bummer. It would be pretty hard to get a cream sauce by someone ;)

Taxy, not being wine drinker that works out very well for me. I didn't realize it was a JC tip, but it's sure a good one.

Every time I see this recipe, my mouth waters. Sadly, SO dislikes cream sauces so it probably never see the light of day here.

Andy, you could make it for yourself for lunch one day...it's quick and easy to adjust for a smaller portion. If you use leftover grilled chicken like I did its even quicker and easier ;)

Bummer. It would be pretty hard to get a cream sauce by someone ;)

Taxy, not being wine drinker that works out very well for me. I didn't realize it was a JC tip, but it's sure a good one.
Yeah, I think it's a good tip too. Only problem, now the vermouth doesn't stay in the house very long 'cause I took a liking to dry vermouth. :LOL:

Ma, for you, anything! :) Best Gluten-Free Flatbread - The Fit Cookie. You could probably use sugar instead of stevia though you may need more. Stevia is a natural sweetener and is good for diabetics and people like me who can't have any type of sugar. I have a tortilla press but you can do this with a rolling pin as well. I cooked them on my Griddler and they were very quick. TB took some for his sandwiches and we enjoyed it warm with "butter" at lunch.

By the way, did you ever try the fudge? Did it work out as you hoped?
Cade and his other ma made the fudge and just love it. Thank you. Just printed out the flatbread recipe and thank you for that.
ma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom