Dinner Thursday 27th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking of creamy cajun chicken with some of my leftovers.

Not sure yet. We will be babysitting our friends' daughter while they go see "The Hobbit" and go out to dinner, so we will be eating supper there. :cool:

We are having roast chicken, pilaf and salad for dinner tonight. Look for leftover chicken meals Friday or Saturday.

I have some burgers to throw on the grill. Sweet potato fies on the side. Fry sauce.

I think I'll pick up a take out pizza.
Pepperoni, italian sausage, mushrooms and black olives.

Last edited:
Sounds good Pac, I bet it would be good with shrimp/prawns too. I may have to consider something like this for tonight. I will be doing chicken something...

12/27/12 dinner

Any ideas for tonight? I am going to render duck fat with one of the ducks later this week probably so I'm not going to use the ducks just yet.

I feel like eating the beef tongue or the pork belly. Ideas? :)

------------------

Everything I have:

fridge:
eggs, spoiled milk, smart balance butter, “regular” butter, mayonnaise, mustard, quinoa, honey, red pepper paste 고초장, orange 1, anchovy seasoning 멸치다시다, grey poupon sauce, 357 magnum hot sauce (very hot), ketchup, grape jelly, pure maple syrup, ginger, 1 opened pack of 'bacon ends & pieces', white rice,

freezer:
eel, cheese 4 slices, bile, beef tongue, tripe, Philippine beetles, whole tilapia 1, pork belly, 2 whole ducks, 1 pack of 'bacon ends & pieces', ground pork (50% fat/ 50% meat), a bag of pig hocks,

laying on counter:
beef suet (oil from beef fat), lard (oil from pig fat), red wine ‘menage a trois’, organic sugar

cabinet:
baking powder, cornstarch, oats, onion powder, polenta, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, canned sardines, pine nuts, chicken broth, salsa, tomato sauce 2 cans, garbanzo beans 1 can, coconut milk 1 can, bbq sauce, self rising cornmeal mix, white whole wheat flour, corn masa flour, pure can sugar dark brown (brown sugar), blue corn meal, bourbon, dry gin, chili 15 bean soup dry beans, shrimp bouillon cubes, beef bouillon cubes, chicken bouillon cubes, extra virgin olive oil, course ground malabar black pepper, light corn syrup, pepper supreme (mix of 4 peppers), garlic powder, garlic salt, garam masala, grill mates 5 fiery pepper seasoning, ginisang bagoong, hawaiian kiawe smoke sea salt, gourmet garlic sea salt,

ground ginger, ground red pepper (cayenne pepper), ground turmeric, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground mustard, seasoning salt, thyme, rosemary, whole black peppercorns, whole roasted sesame seeds, steak seasoning, dried red peppers, pure vanilla extract, seasoned salt, sage powder, chili powder, grill mates spicy Montreal steak seasoning, paprika, dill weed, cloves powder, basil leaves, oregano leaves, bay leaves, curry powder, soy sauce, fish sauce, teriyaki souce, white vinegar, liquid aminos braggs, red pepper powder

I made the turkey cutlets with brown rice cake "panko" again, but this time did it on the griddler - big mistake. Next time I will sear and finish in the oven like the first time. They were dry on the inside and not crunchy on the outside. But they tasted fine. We had cucumbers, tomatoes and the gluten/yeast/egg-free flatbread I made which is actually very good! :)

Sounds good Pac, I bet it would be good with shrimp/prawns too. I may have to consider something like this for tonight. I will be doing chicken something...

With shrimp it would be fantastic. Great idea.
So simple and so good :yum:

We had hot chicken sandwiches and home fries, 'cause I remembered that there were some boiled potatoes in the fridge that needed to get used up. I had a small oops. I used far too much stock, so I ran out of roux and had to finish thickening the gravy with corn starch. It was all pretty tasty.

I made the turkey cutlets with brown rice cake "panko" again, but this time did it on the griddler - big mistake. Next time I will sear and finish in the oven like the first time. They were dry on the inside and not crunchy on the outside. But they tasted fine. We had cucumbers, tomatoes and the gluten/yeast/egg-free flatbread I made which is actually very good! :)
Would you be open to sharing the flatbread recipe please? I so enjoy making breads of any type.
ma

Back
Top Bottom