Dinner Thursday 27th June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are heading over to mums for my 2nd birthday dinner :)

Mum is cooking her lovely veal parmigiana and french onion potatoes for dinner tonight and today I have made a lovely moist carrot cake with delicious cream cheese icing to take over for my birthday cake :yum:

They make you bake your own birthday cake? Sheesh! What kind of family are you from Kylie?;)

I'll be going to the store on my way home from work. I'm out of chicken and hamburger and bread and fresh veggies. We'll see what I feel like fixing after the big shopping trip. It may be take out!:LOL:

DH called and will be home late tonight. The local community college is having a job fair looking for adjunct teachers (he's taught drafting and computer drafting before) so he's going to go and see if he can get a job teaching there in the fall. I bought hamburgers and buns and we'll grill those when he gets home. I'll have some potato salad with it.

I'm going to make enchiladas. Depending on how the afternoon goes we will see about red rice, beans, and guacamole. For desert I'm going to try a apricot cake for desert that I saw Jaques Pepin do with plums. This site is fun!

I think I am going to crack open another bag of Trader Joes Mandarin Orange Chicken and use Kayelle's idea of adding onions and green peppers and adding orange juice to the sauce.

I have to got to Costco for office supplies. I'll pick up something for us while I'm there. Maybe the mac and cheese with a rotisserie chicken.

We are trying a new recipe (at least to us) from Emeril. Crawfish-stuffed filet mignon with crawfish bordelaise sauce and wild rice.:yum:

Sweeet! I have the black bean sauce and enchilada sauce frozen from last time. Cuts out a a lot of work. Good sides are in our future. Dang it's hot. Does anyone think I can bake them in the bar-b-que?

We are having thick cut pork chops cooked in cream of mushroom soup and sweet marsala,onions and garlic. mashed potatoes, fried corn, green salad with orange honey dressing and warm biscuits with butter and honey and dessert is home made lemon sorbet.
kades

Sweeet! I have the black bean sauce and enchilada sauce frozen from last time. Cuts out a a lot of work. Good sides are in our future. Dang it's hot. Does anyone think I can bake them in the bar-b-que?

I'd go for it Hank. If you've got one, I would probably use a disposable pan.

I am doing a quick chilled grilled boneless chix breast. Slice it and serve with pesto from the freezer, pasta and combo of cooked and raw veggies and kalamata olives. Sprnkle some added parmesan and its a full meal deal.

Tonight we are heading over to mums for my 2nd birthday dinner :)

Mum is cooking her lovely veal parmigiana and french onion potatoes for dinner tonight and today I have made a lovely moist carrot cake with delicious cream cheese icing to take over for my birthday cake :yum:

Make your own cake? Then they will want you mix your own drinks!!!!!!! Thats not right!

Last edited:
They make you bake your own birthday cake? Sheesh! What kind of family are you from Kylie?;)

:LOL: :LOL:

It was my idea actually as we wanted something homemade rather than from a bakery

Steve helped me make it, so it was a joint effort :)

Back
Top Bottom