Dinner Thursday, 27th September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'll either finish off the leftovers or I'll make spaghetti. We leave in the morning for my in-laws but our son is staying here. He'll eat whatever we leave so no worries on food going bad while we're gone.

Leftover chicken with mushrooms and peas in sort of a supreme sauce.

Boiled new potatoes

Cabbage salad

Squash pie with whipped cream! :pig:

I made up a pot of experimental chili last night. Weird recipe I found that includes rehydrating the dried chiles (ancho, pasilla, cascabel), as well as chocolate, a bottle of beer, and agave nectar.

I thought it was good, but I'm hoping it will be even better after spending a night in the fridge. :yum:

Here it is something simple as I am tired and sore from my adventure yesterday - gluten free chicken fingers with salad and salsa for DH to dip and Blue cheese dressing for me!

I found two unknown cuts of beef in the freezer and some beef stock...so crockpot beef stew is on the menu tonight!

Steve, I'm doing Chili as well. I had one last batch of tomatoes to roast, make into sauce, and freeze, but not much room left in the freezer. I made tacos earlier in the week and made too much ground beef taco meat. So I made up the tomatoes into a Mex type sauce (most in the freezer is more Italian). Then I emailed friends who are in the process of moving and told them to take a break and come by. So all I have to do is toss a simple salad and re-heat the chili. Bought a small cheesecake for desert.

Andy, I know you will be better and using the other arm soon, but I think this is an awesome idea for your own Food Network Show - "Cooking One-Handed, with Andy! :LOL::LOL:

That could be a new specialty of mine except I haven't had the courage to use my knife left-handed to chop onions and garlic or anything like that.

Here it is something simple as I am tired and sore from my adventure yesterday - gluten free chicken fingers with salad and salsa for DH to dip and Blue cheese dressing for me!

The GF chicken fingers were really good - first time trying them this way. It was a chick pea flour base mixed with water, Italian herbs, cayenne, salt and pepper. The water wasn't enough but adding more tended to dilute the flavours so next time I will play around with the seasoning. But DH gave it a big thumbs up! I feel so good when I can make "normal" food that he can eat and not feel like it is different. It was very crispy and the chicken was tender! :)

Grilled wings and wedges with cold veggies and blue cheese dip.

I'm pretty sure I could cook a burger one handed, even form the burger one handed, but it sure would be hard eating a burger one handed. I would certainly have to go easy on the toppings.

pacanis;... I'm pretty sure I could cook a burger one handed said:
I wish I had thought that far ahead. I'm not sure I can eat one of my half pound hamburgers with one hand. I guess I'll have to slip off the sling for a while.

Back
Top Bottom