"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
Head Chef

That is good news, Steve. Another piece of advice is, don't push it. Allow yourself time to heal/mend.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef

The last meal from a batch of tomato sauce with Italian sausage is coming out of the freezer for dinner tonight.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #13
Master Chef

My baseball gig got cancelled again tonight. Not sure what is going on with the student, I was told he would not be able to go to baseball tonight. There went the dinner plans to pick up fast food on the way home! So now I just put some b/s chicken breasts in the oven coated with Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and drizzled with butter. Got half a dozen eggs on to hard boil for on our salads. I"m trying to decide if I want to make stuffing on the side or double up veggies and heat up some green beans. Maybe I'll wait and let DH make that call since he should be home well before the chicken will be ready.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #14
Executive Chef

I've got a boneless pork loin roast that I will roast tonight. I'm thinking of roasted potatoes and another veggie.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Getting ready to roll some sushi. Karen has become quite good at it. Spicy tuna rolls, shrimp rolls and some crab rolls.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #16
Executive Chef

yesterday I went down to Trader Joes in Santa Fe and picked up some goodies, got some fixings for a few spinach salads, several cheeses, some ham, jarred alfredo sauce...think I will do the spinach salad..
Old 03-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

So happy to hear the good news, Steve!!

I'm all numbed up with a temporary molar crown, and am not supposed to eat until 8:00 PM to allow the adhesive to set. DH grazed from some leftovers to tide him over, so I have no idea. We'll probably go out when I can feel my mouth again.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #18
Executive Chef

My pork roast turned out fantastic tonight. I used garlic, onion, rosemary, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt. Browned it in the Dutch oven before roasting. When the liquids went away in the oven, I added white wine. We spooned the juices over the meat and it was yummy!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

we went out for my boy's birthday to his favourite japanese teppanyaki place for dinner.

we had their standard fare of onion/mushroom clear soup, then salads with ginger dressing. next were some sushi appys (california roll, tuna roll, and salmon skin roll).
for our dinners, we had fried rice, noodles, mixed veggies, sauteed mushrooms, shrimp, chicken, scallops, and filet mignon, all cooked on the griddle (the teppan) and served with mustard and ginger dipping sauces.

dessert was green tea ice cream, sliced fresh pineapple, and hot green teas.

of course we got the special bansai celebration for him where the hosts don a dragon head and sing "haddy dur day", then scream bansai 3 times for good luck.

it was fun and we were stuffed. here's dw and my boy in front of a samurai statue in their garden in front of the restaurant on the way out:

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Happy birthday to your boy, BT! Great pic!

We ended up at a local pizza joint, it was perfect, and the Novocaine finally wore off.

Tags
dinner