Dinner Thursday 28th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pacanis said:
Geez, it was meatloaf... I can't even remember the last time I made meatloaf, but it sure did freeze well :chef:
I say was, because with all the prodding and stirring, it turned from sliced meatloaf to more of a "looser" textured meatloaf :rolleyes:
I will serve it over buttered toast and with some buttered veggies. I've got half a mind telling me to make mashed potatoes, but I have the other half saying no... a salad will do.

Lol! I usually throw out frozen unidentifiable stuff without labels and dates. I am impressed!

Go with the mashed potatoes!

Dungeness Crab

dsc5139d.jpg

Aww, c'mon... where's your sense of adventure, AB? It was much better than a can without a label ;)

Dawgluver, I never throw anything out until after it is identified :LOL:

ooh, did I see crab?

Yesterday I made a pork roast, potatoes and carrots with lots of garlic. Today I cut the pork into little pieces and tossed with some cumin, paprika and flour and then fried for some carnitas(they were okay but I fried them a bit too long so they were a bit tough, live and learn). I also put the potatoes and carrots into the same flour mixture then I deep fried and served with a mayo, sour cream, chipotle, lime juice and bit of salt and pepper sauce. They were Way better than fantastic
If you've never fried cooked carrots before do yourself a favor, you won't be sorry

Last night we had marinated roast, mashed potatoes with gravy on them, carrots and baked beans. It was all very delicious except he roast was kinda tough guess you get what you pay for huh? Last night was the first night I attempted to make my own gravy! And I've got to admit it was delicious made from the drippings that the roast made. Ive got some left over in the fridge who knows I may just make more potatoes for lunch so I can devour some more :)

Back
Top Bottom