Dinner Thursday 29th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think Kylie meant she had tea as in having it as a meal, but as in relaxing late afternoon drinking her tea and thinking about dinner, so that's when she posts.

I will admit it took some getting used to seeing the dinner thread started so early my time, but it was more odd seeing Kylie post what she already had for last night's dinner when someone else in the USA started the thread today our time, but yesterday hers... or something like that :wacko:

I was simly happy to come back from my *vacation* and see such an active poster who takes an interest in others and doesn't live in their own world or only post to tell someone else they are doing it wrong.

So you can carry on in my book, too, Kylie.
(I'll PM you my address where you can send the Tim Tams ;))

Regarding who starts the dinner threads, I do see Cerise's point since it is kind of fun to start it now and then. However, the world is made up of many time zones, with the Australia being one of the first to see each new day, so I have no problem with how it is being done. It is kind of nice to know it will be there ready and waiting, instead of having to search for it and finding out no one had started it yet. :cool:

You go Kylie. I for one find it very amusing that you not only live in a different time zone, but on a different day of the week. Your posts force me to think. Something I am not wont to do.

I feel that the request of Cerise should have been handled privately. :angel:

Thanks Pacman :)

With our tea, it is actually dinner, we just call it tea here in Oz...Steve used to call it tea in the UK as well, it must just be a different thing in different countries :)

Good to see you like Tim Tams...very nice indeed ;)

I don't think Kylie meant she had tea as in having it as a meal, but as in relaxing late afternoon drinking her tea and thinking about dinner, so that's when she posts.

I will admit it took some getting used to seeing the dinner thread started so early my time, but it was more odd seeing Kylie post what she already had for last night's dinner when someone else in the USA started the thread today our time, but yesterday hers... or something like that :wacko:

I was simly happy to come back from my *vacation* and see such an active poster who takes an interest in others and doesn't live in their own world or only post to tell someone else they are doing it wrong.

So you can carry on in my book, too, Kylie.
(I'll PM you my address where you can send the Tim Tams ;))

I posted earlier in the wrong thread, but it turned out to the wrong answer anyway! The Mr. has decided we are going to the hibachi restaurant tonight. I am all too happy to push tonight's plans to tomorrow!

We are having bratwurst and sauerkraut with fried potatoes. Maybe peas for a veg. This may have been a mistake......since we are going to a German Steakhouse tomorrow night for dinner lol! What the heck was I thinking?! I guess I wasn't! ;-)

BTW.....I don't care who starts the "dinner thread". Kylie is very reliable and I love her enthusiasm! As someone else said "it's a big world".
And aren't we lucky to be able to share with and learn about folks from so many other places?
I have said this before......we here in North America sometimes forget that we are not the only ones on the planet! Particularly, us Americans who are often viewed by the rest of the world as "self centered blowhards"(the ugly American) I don't like those labels and it doesn't describe us here at DC nor most Americans. So that said.....please anyone who so feels inclined please start the "dinner thread" anytime you choose! Let's Eat!

Last edited:
DH brought home United Way fundraiser chef's salads, they needed a lot of doctoring up. I forgot to put the defrosted peas in.

Thanks Pacman :)

With our tea, it is actually dinner, we just call it tea here in Oz...Steve used to call it tea in the UK as well, it must just be a different thing in different countries :)

Good to see you like Tim Tams...very nice indeed ;)

oops, my mistake. I thought your tea was my happy hour :LOL:

I finally got that picatta handled. I made another plate for tomorrow's lunch... or dinner... depending ;)
(and lots of perfect mashed potatoes... imo :rolleyes:)

Attachments

• Pork Picatta.jpg
    Pork Picatta.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 153
pacanis said:
oops, my mistake. I thought your tea was my happy hour :LOL:

I finally got that picatta handled. I made another plate for tomorrow's lunch... or dinner... depending ;)
(and lots of perfect mashed potatoes... imo :rolleyes:)

Oh Pacanis! That looks so good, I almost popped my iPhone in my mouth!!! Yummmmm!

Keep doing your thing kylie... All the talk of processed meats has me hankering for hot dogs again... Maybe some pics tonight...

We had leftover pizza (Mmmmmmm white garlic pizza Mmmmmmmmm) and salad.

Everyone is probably already sleeping but what the hey! We'll finish off the pasta casserole and I made a gazpacho to round everything out. Not to mention supply lunch and part of dinner for the next few days. I LOVE gazpacho! It's really helping me watch my carbs and lean down our meals.

Back
Top Bottom