Dinner Thursday 29th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mmmmmm... Processed meats...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121129_215505.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121129_215505.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 145
oops, my mistake. I thought your tea was my happy hour :LOL:

I finally got that picatta handled. I made another plate for tomorrow's lunch... or dinner... depending ;)
(and lots of perfect mashed potatoes... imo :rolleyes:)

That looks wonderful Pac! Want some o'dat!:pig:

Everyone is probably already sleeping but what the hey! We'll finish off the pasta casserole and I made a gazpacho to round everything out. Not to mention supply lunch and part of dinner for the next few days. I LOVE gazpacho! It's really helping me watch my carbs and lean down our meals.

Nope, only a little before 8 PM here...

Had Ham, Eggs and cheese. Then I topped it off with some chocolate ice cream.

I have three hours to try for some sleep and then back to work. One of our night nurses was in a car accident today and is in the hospital, covering part of her shift.

We had grilled cheese on whole wheat miche (a large round loaf of bread) with salsa and sliced onions. We also had Habitant pea soup. Really quite nice.

oops, my mistake. I thought your tea was my happy hour :LOL:

I finally got that picatta handled. I made another plate for tomorrow's lunch... or dinner... depending ;)
(and lots of perfect mashed potatoes... imo :rolleyes:)

you really hitting my biggest weaknesses, pac--pools of rich gravy in deep wells of creamy mashed potatoes. nothing else like it....:)

Thanks Fi, Vit :)

Looking good, Q :yum:
Speaking of processed meats, I haven't had Johnsonville Brats in a while. Maybe tonight for dinner. Thanks for the idea.

I made an amazing smoked turkey, and I forgot to take a picture!! It was so gorgeous with it's deep brown, smoky skin too. Bf said its the best turkey he has ever had in his life. Definitely will be doing that again. I brined it overnight, so it had a ton of flavor, and it was super moist. I also use a digital thermometer that has a probe on a cord, so you can see the internal temp without opening it. Very handy, and easy to get the perfect temperature every time. We had stuffing, corn, and sweet potato with it. Yum!! I made turkey soup with the carcass, and the carcass the family gave me from thanksgiving. Definitely the most flavorful stock I've ever made. Yum, yum!

I made an amazing smoked turkey, and I forgot to take a picture!! It was so gorgeous with it's deep brown, smoky skin too. Bf said its the best turkey he has ever had in his life. Definitely will be doing that again. I brined it overnight, so it had a ton of flavor, and it was super moist. I also use a digital thermometer that has a probe on a cord, so you can see the internal temp without opening it. Very handy, and easy to get the perfect temperature every time. We had stuffing, corn, and sweet potato with it. Yum!! I made turkey soup with the carcass, and the carcass the family gave me from thanksgiving. Definitely the most flavorful stock I've ever made. Yum, yum!

verrry nice, skittle! your turkey sounds brownly beautiful and most delicious. isn't it wonderful when you get a rich stock too, sort of like a bonus...great job, skittle!:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom