Dinner Thursday, 3-26-2015 ~ Hey good lookin', whatcha got cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We ordered Greek food. Must have walked around a bit too much yesterday - the broken toe is hurting a bit again.

So you are sunburned 'crunchy'? Or margarita crunched? :ermm::LOL::ohmy: I didn't quite get that. lol Anyway, have fun on your vacay!

A bit of both!

We tried a local service that delivers anything they can fit in the box on the back of their scooters, including food, laundry, furniture, hardware, you name it. You call them, they take care of everything. They will pay your bills, go to the bank for you, go grocery shopping. For 116 pesos total (about 7 bucks US plus tip) we got a huge portion of coconut crusted lion fish along with veg, rolls, mango salsa. When we drive to that same restaurant, DH can never find it on the first pass or two as it's somewhat hidden. This saved much time and aggravation.

Another7.5 hr day of driving all around the city and shopping for the company followed by a 3-hour conference call. Too exhausted to cook but hungry. Picked up some big portebello mushrooms at the cash and carry, stripped the gills, mixed up some cream cheese and fresh Methi, topped with panko. Threw some ghee in a pan and waited until the mushrooms were soft and cheese melted, a drizzle of Frank's and a bit of more chopped fresh Methi on top of that. That's all I had the energy to do--except I s/how managed to pour a glass of red wine and not spill it. My version of a Keto-friendly burger. I still have to clean up the kitchen and process limes.

Last edited:
I'm so durn glad to have him home, that I'm even baking Cheryl!! That browned butter in the batter sounds heavenly, and it's in the oven now. Believe me, French vanilla ice cream will be on top! I hate to bake because I'm so bad at it. Steve knew better than to try and help because I need to concentrate on following the recipe exactly, opposed to "cooking". lol

Well, the dinner was very good. The pineapple upside down cake was a bit dry to my taste but Steve liked it (I think he was just being nice), and the ice cream on top saved it. I actually followed the directions exactly, but this is just another example of why I just don't bake.:ermm:

Last edited:
Well, the dinner was very good. The pineapple upside down cake was a bit dry to my taste but Steve liked it (I think he was just being nice), and the ice cream on top saved it. For once, I followed the directions exactly but this is just another example of why I just don't bake.:ermm:

I've disappointed myself with baking too, Kay, more than a few times. You're not alone here. :ermm::LOL: I keep trying though, and every now and then I have a success. :)

Last edited:
I've disappointed myself with baking too, Kay, more than a few times. You're not alone here. :ermm::LOL: I keep trying though, and every now and then I have a success. :)

Another nonbaker here. I just have no interest, and bakeries know how to do it right! :chef:

Another nonbaker here. I just have no interest, and bakeries know how to do it right! :chef:
I only bake a few TNT desserts and once a year sponge cake for trifle. I guess the disadvantage is that an hour after you get the urge, you can be eating it, even if it's the middle of the night.

Back
Top Bottom