Dinner Thursday, 3/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ahem, just how are you making dinner while posting at 100 mph all afternoon?? :)

Nothing.....dh is sick and I guess I don't feel like making anything for me. Or should I say I had a rather large lunch and still not hungry?

I made black beans with rice and veg, but I used dried beans, soaked them overnight and just threw them right in to cook with the rice. The taste was right on, but needless to say the beans were a bit chewy. So I added more water and cooked it a little more, but then the rice turned mushy. Mixing with shredded cheese makes it a little better.

:mad: Thats twice now I've used dried beans in a canned bean recipe and forgot to cook them! At least this one came out a little better than the raw hummus :LOL:

Pacanis, you're gonna die or worse:huh::ROFLMAO:

I have every ingredient ever known to man as put on this earth by God. In other words there isn't anything I don't have. So, I have no excuse.:(
Plus, it's gorgeous at my house, sunny, warm, soft wind blowing, nothing heavy as it doesn't dictate outside to make something heartwarming...
Okay, decision made here too....................
somewhere in the world, it's gotta be take out night, yeah! "chineeeee"

Lefse, can you have them send some my way? I will have some mushroom chow mein and almond chicken please.

DH is making Italian sausages for himself and the border with mixed veggies a potatoes. Me? If I don't get all my care packages I have ordered today from LEFSElover, Suziquzie and BuckyTom, I think I will just have some sleep for supper. :sleep:

I spent the day in bed coughing my head off and feeling like crap. Fortunately the dinner I'd planned is effortless. We'll have eggs goldenrod using up the hard boiled eggs from Easter.

It's sooooo nice to have an easy, mindless meal once in a while, especially when one doesn't feel 100%.

We ended up with grilled pork chops, parboiled and oven-browned mixed fingerling potatoes, and baby artichokes. It was my first time cooking baby artichokes - I need more practice ;)

We had homemade lasagna and French bread for dinner this evening. I love reading what you all are cooking!

Oh... I'm late! But I'll post mine anyway. I went out with friends and left the DH to fend for himself. He ate almost an ENTIRE baguette with ham and havarti. Piggy. I had what was left when I got home. All in all, a really yummy dinner!

Back
Top Bottom