Dinner Thursday 3rd of January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I'm up early today to start my lamb stew with samp. I got lamb stew meat on sale at my butchery for less per kilo than ground beef!
I've soaked the samp and now I will simmer it for an hour and brown my meat and onions and get that it the oven. I've got loads of ripe tomatoes and a head of cabbage so I think I'll add a bit of both and maybe make it a curried stew or garam masala.

Tonight the leftover ribeye roast will generate French dip sandwiches with some crusty rolls and melted cheese. Probably eat some salad to appease the "Healthy Eating Gods".

I'm not sure what we'll be having. I used up the last of the chicken breasts for dinner last night. I'm tired of ground beef and we just had steaks for New Year's Eve. I have to go today so I may see if there are any good pork chops. We haven't had pork chops in onion sauce for a while. I have potatoes to mash and will pick up some greens and lettuce for salads. Now that sounds good!

There are loads of leftovers begatting more leftovers. I think I need to prop the refrigerator door open so the light stays on and there is no more hanky panky goings on. Tonight is leftover grilled steak slices, scalloped potatoes, twice - cooked or thrice cooked green beans and I better do a salad to appease the "healthy living gods" too.

I'll be polishing off the rest of the restaurant lasagna TB brought me last night on one of his breaks. It is soft enough to eat as there is lots of sauce and gooey cheese. Not on my diet, but right now I can only eat soft foods so at least I am getting something into me!:)

Think I'll go for Haddock in some kind of oven baked crispy breaded coating..gonna make up some tartar sauce right now.
With mixed rice and veggie pilaf....had to go without lemon. I just realized I had none when the fish was already in the oven. I wasn't going to get dressed and go out. Too much work in this climate..

Attachments

• DSC00978.jpg
    DSC00978.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Well, the grocery run didn't happen today. I found some smoked sausage and rice so we're having jambalaya tonight. I had a package of onion, celery, pepper already diced so it is an easy dinner. If anyone is not full, there's pizza and chicken leftovers.

I'm still working on the wild rice-turkey-black bean-corn soup. It's cold here, so soup is just the ticket. I have to finish it so I can make some cream of reuben soup...got everything today for it and I'm anxious to make it.

Still figuring out dinner ideas... I've got a ton of cooked turkey in the freezer, various veggies, and a big spaghetti squash on the counter. I would do a tetrizinni, but the bf's coming over and he doesn't do much dairy.
Although... maybe I could do a lemon sauce instead... I do have a basketfull of meyers....

We had hot dogs with choice of sauerkraut or meat sauce and also pasta and potato salad for sides.

Ham and cheese omelets.. with toast... I also have a can of roast beef hash i might cook up..

Back
Top Bottom