Dinner Thursday, 4-10-2014 ~ I got nuthin' clever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Himself mentioned last week that we never have "sandwiches". Now mind you he wasn't speaking of bologna on Ward Foods Tip-Top bread, but meats-cheeses-condiments "panini'd" on hearty bread. I'll make a quick salad and then we'll each make our own sammies. With both sourdough and rye breads, beef and ham I roasted this week plus the breast from the rotisserie chicken I bought on Tuesday, and a nice selection of sliced cheeses, we should have more choices than we'll have room for in our tummies.

I put some chicken leg quarters into an egg wash and a nice coating of flour, cornmeal, and dry Ranch and Italian dressing and baking these.

Carl is making his Mom's nice macaroni and cheese, and I am fixing Laki's nice beans and a nice Romaine lettuce salad with cut up tomatoes, real bacon pieces, sliced cucumber, diced ham, cut up hard-boiled egg, shredded cheddar cheese, and chppoed red onion with many dressings choices.

I'm hungry!

With love,
~Cat

We also added a little leftover corn on the cob at the last minute. Tasty! Ha!

With love,
~Cat

We're having home made pizza tonight with shrimps, black olive slices, thin sliced white onion with bell pepper, mushrooms, artichoke heart chunks, sun dried tomatoes and a ton of shredded Italian cheeses, topped with lots of Italian seasonings.

After the bland but beautiful food on the cruise ship, we're hungry for a ton of flavor.

Just read your post......HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you BC!!!

Last edited:
I wanted chicken wings tonight, but the town store must have had a run on them and there wasn't a wing to be found... fresh or frozen. So St Louis BBQ pork steak with potato wedges and a lovely salad.

I had a lovely salad too. Mine was mostly spinach and baby tomatoes. Need to make a veggie store run. Main course was the last of the taco filling on burger buns, run in the oven open face for melty cheese, A bitt messy and tasty. Better add meat to the grocery list too.

Happy Birthday Bakechef! How did we miss this?

We tried to take friends out for lion fish, and wouldn't you know it, our favorite lion fish resto had no lion fish! A travesty. So we all had another pescado rellano. Not quite as good as the other night at another resto, but fresh and delicious. Pulpo, squid, shrimp, other things that were caught, rolled in a fish fillet and baked in butter and stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom