Dinner Thursday 4th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to make our version of burritos tonight. It's something I can keep warm for the yungun until he gets home from work.

I'm graduating from Master Gardener class tonight, woo hoo! People who have already graduated, known as perennials, are bringing food for a potluck.

Congrats, GG! A great accomplishment!

DH is going out with buddies to watch "the game", and my temp crown fell off and I can't reattach it, so will carefully nibble something on one side. Not yet sure what.

Congrats, GG! A great accomplishment!

DH is going out with buddies to watch "the game", and my temp crown fell off and I can't reattach it, so will carefully nibble something on one side. Not yet sure what.
+1

Bummer 'bout the temp crown. When are you going back to the dentist?

Stirling isn't feeling well, so he wants all dressed pizza. We're waiting for it now.

+1

Bummer 'bout the temp crown. When are you going back to the dentist?

Stirling isn't feeling well, so he wants all dressed pizza. We're waiting for it now.

Thanks! :LOL: it came off with a piece of pizza. Hope Stirling feels better soon. I get my crown April 17, thanks for reminding me! Thankfully it's not painful. I've been able to pop it back on a couple times, but I think I chewed it out of shape this time. Dentist said it would probably come off.

Last edited:
That sounds delicious, Cerise.

Tonight it's white turkey chili out of the freezer. Got 3 fresh beets to deal with somehow. Also some celery sticks w/Smucker's natural peanut butter. Celery was $1 a stalk so I got one, but I'm having a heck of a time using it up a rib at a time. Usually only buy it to make bird stuffing in November.
I chop it up and toss it in the freezer. That way I have some when I want to make soup, etc. I don't bother blanching it.

fish and chips w/homemade tartar sauce and malt vinegar (of course)

Attachments

• 2013-04-04 18.45.12.jpg
    2013-04-04 18.45.12.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 150
Kylie and Snip, I don't know if KFC has their new chicken pot pies in oz and SA....but if they do, try them sometime. They are really good!

We're having oven roasted chicken, baked potatoes and broccoli rob with asparagus.

I'm graduating from Master Gardener class tonight, woo hoo! People who have already graduated, known as perennials, are bringing food for a potluck.
Congrats on the certification GotGarlic! From what I understand it's a lot of work. I'm too lazy to plant even a tomato plant or two...

That sounds delicious, Cerise.

Tonight it's white turkey chili out of the freezer. Got 3 fresh beets to deal with somehow. Also some celery sticks w/Smucker's natural peanut butter. Celery was $1 a stalk so I got one, but I'm having a heck of a time using it up a rib at a time. Usually only buy it to make bird stuffing in November.

tinlizzie, that Smucker's natural is my fave! Have you ever tried it on apple slices? Makes them taste like caramel apples, only wholesome. When we are in OH visiting our progeny I always make sure to load up on it for the trip back to MA. I get it super-cheap at a pharmacy-turned-everything store back home. Oddly, though, it costs more at the Smucker's factory store.:ermm:

Nice pic, Alfred! :yum: Beer batter?

+1.

also, did you use cod?

our dinner didn't quite turn out as sushi tonight. after a brutal night of work that turned into a morning of answering engineering emails to various management departments, i needed to sleep. so dw just had pasta; my boy had chicken nuggets and rice. i woke up in time to finish just a few forkfuls of pasta. :(

so i'm eating pizza tonight, topped with raw onions and green peppers, and aged sriracha.

Kylie and Snip, I don't know if KFC has their new chicken pot pies in oz and SA....but if they do, try them sometime. They are really good!

We're having oven roasted chicken, baked potatoes and broccoli rob with asparagus.

Nope, we don't have it yet. I'll keep checking the menu and try it when they do. We always get new items later than everyone else :rolleyes:

tinlizzie, that Smucker's natural is my fave! Have you ever tried it on apple slices? Makes them taste like caramel apples, only wholesome. When we are in OH visiting our progeny I always make sure to load up on it for the trip back to MA. I get it super-cheap at a pharmacy-turned-everything store back home. Oddly, though, it costs more at the Smucker's factory store.:ermm:

It sure isn't cheap, is it, C? No, haven't teamed it with apple - sounds yummy. Been thinking about investigating something that is new to me, but really old -- peanut sauces as in Thai/Asian flavors. So many food/cooking variations are possible now that we can order exotic spices on line.

My goodness - how computers have changed our lives in even little ways like that!

I wasn't that hungry and since I didn't have eggs for breakfast, I took a couple of the curry pickled eggs I'd made a couple a weeks ago, added some chopped green onion, more curry powder, some cayenne pepper and tofunaise (another experiment -- it works instead of mayo), warmed up one of the homemade pitas from Sunday, added some leaf lettuce and watched BBT. Poor Leonard! The egg salad was really tasty. I'm bringing the pickled eggs on my road trip (and the tofunaise) so I can make egg salad sandwiches when I stop for lunch.

I wasn't that hungry and since I didn't have eggs for breakfast, I took a couple of the curry pickled eggs I'd made a couple a weeks ago, added some chopped green onion, more curry powder, some cayenne pepper and tofunaise (another experiment -- it works instead of mayo), warmed up one of the homemade pitas from Sunday, added some leaf lettuce and watched BBT. Poor Leonard! The egg salad was really tasty. I'm bringing the pickled eggs on my road trip (and the tofunaise) so I can make egg salad sandwiches when I stop for lunch.

Sounds lovely :yum: How do you make your curried pickled eggs?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom