Dinner Thursday 4th of Aug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been reading about lasagna the last couple of days and this morning I pulled together a spinach lasagna out of inventory. I am playing my semi annual game of seeing how long I can go before I make a trip to the grocery store. It is my personal version of Ready Set Cook or Door Knock Dinners. I used to enjoy those shows, what can I make from a jar of caviar, some leftover pate de foie gras and a Reese's peanut butter cup, etc...

what's in there? we can work out a recipe.

hey, this could be a neat idea...

It would be a neat idea!
:LOL: My internet was down most of the day, have already taken out tenderised steaks. And I've cooked some gemsquash. I'll be making chilli steaks, mushroom rice and gemsquash. Maybe tomorrow I'll just give my ingredients and you guys can take the guess work out of it for me!

I have a couple of pieces of eye of round, so I think I am going to do up some kind of roulade with bacon, parsley sprigs, onions and garlic cloves. Boiled spuds, green beans....I have a half bottle of Merlot we bought a while ago that we didn't care for, so I will use that for the braising.

I think.

Last edited:
I had this last night, the chicken was strangled about 1mile away, the spuds are Rooster from the garden as are the courgettes,I roasted the spuds raw in olive oil, garden & BBQ 465.jpg simple roast chicken and gravy, the flavor was so good we had half leftover so the dinner will be repeated tonight

We need to clear out the fridge since we will be gone for several days. I have a frozen pizza that can be cooked to supplement what's in the fridge. Don't want to cook a big meal and have leftovers sitting for 4 days.

I found a container in the freezer with Jasmine rice on one side and a really good chicken gravy on the other.

I'll season and roast a chicken thigh to go with it.

I'm not sure what our dinner will be, but dessert will be birthday cake and ice cream. We are eating at our friends' house for Tom's birthday. :cool:

went to the Biergarten with a friend, first we had a salad, wich was really small and then we order Currywurst-Pommes, which wasn't good either..
So we know to go there just for a drink, 'cause the atmosphere is wonderful..

A 5 lb chuck roast is in crock pot with yellow potatos and carrots, cabbage frying in butter and brown sugar on stove top, that is whats for dinner tonight. I tried to bake a coconut cake for my wife and it was a total fail. :(

I think they don't have that...
you get pork steak and baked potatoes and pretzels... I think that's it... :blink:
Seems a little heavy for hot weather. Something I like about the States is the ability to order beer by the pitcher and the return of the sale of loose beer in growlers. I have several 1L krugs but rarely get a chance to put them to good use.

Last edited:
A little heavy for hot weather. Something I like about the States is the ability to order beer by the pitcher and the return of the sale of loose beer in growlers. I have several 1L krugs but rarely get a chance to pu them to good use.

pork steak from the grill is a very common summer meal here in G.. don't know why, but most people like it...

Well... there was enough beer, but I took non-alcoholic Hefeweizen.. best with hot weather.. and if you need to drive :)

went to the Biergarten with a friend, first we had a salad, wich was really small and then we order Currywurst-Pommes, which wasn't good either..
So we know to go there just for a drink, 'cause the atmosphere is wonderful..
If your ever in the neighborhood, you can get some nice local salads at the Bodensee.

Back
Top Bottom