Dinner Thursday, 5-15-2014 ~ Tummy Yummies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Alix's breakfast-for-supper sounded good to me. That's what we're having today. Mushroom oven omelet with cheese, fried potatoes, sausages, and toast. I have some apples I planned on using for pie - I think I'll make a couple pan-fried instead. I'll saute them in butter with cinnamon and a touch of brown sugar. :yum:

We had sea scallops baked in butter with garlic and shallots and topped with buttered bread crumbs, then I made a loaded salad with homemade Italian dressing. The salad tasted so summery and good. It had cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, baby spinach, mixed greens, romaine, chopped ham. I also served a small casserole of couscous made with chicken stock instead of water. We washed it all down with iced tea and finished :mad: the last of the raspberry pie with whipped cream for dessert.

Last edited:
Alix's breakfast-for-supper sounded good to me. That's what we're having today. Mushroom oven omelet with cheese, fried potatoes, sausages, and toast. I have some apples I planned on using for pie - I think I'll make a couple pan-fried instead. I'll saute them in butter with cinnamon and a touch of brown sugar. :yum:

Alix's breakfast for supper? What did she do, PM you her dinner plans? :LOL:
I must have missed that post.

But since this is the dinner thread... I am having pork chops. They are big and taking forever to thaw, so I'll probably grill them and cook up a garlic pasta to go along to make it easy on myself.

I have a cold and the weather is awful, so I made chicken soup. We had a nice garden salad with it and a cantaloupe for dessert.

With love,
~Cat

It's dinner with friends night! We went to a Thai restaurant we like which recently reopened in a new space. It's beautiful!

I had steamed spring rolls with peanut sauce and a spicy stir-fry with pork, bell peppers,, onions and fresh basil, along with rice. It was really good, but a little more spicy than I expected. DH had my leftovers.

We are going to grill some ribeye steaks. A warm herbed potato salad from the pressure cooker. Chopped salad.

I had to wait till the sun set to use the grill. It's been so hot here the last few days, and I don't do hot well.
We had a big basket of marinated grilled veggies to make us feel "healthy" and a small hunk of pork belly to square it all up.

Attachments

• CWS_African_inspiration.jpg
    CWS_African_inspiration.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
CW, your dinner looks like it turned out really well!

Alix's breakfast for supper? What did she do, PM you her dinner plans? :LOL:
I must have missed that post..
It was Alix's Wednesday dinner. ~ Meanwhile, change of plans at Chez Goddess. Himself had to run out to pick a couple things up and, as I was getting ready to start things he suggested he swing by the one restaurant we know that makes broasted chicken. I decided breakfast-for-dinner could be made any time. So tonight we had broasted chicken, jo-jo potatoes, peas, and the scalloped apples I had planned to make with breakfast. Himself says they taste like apple pie without the crust. ;)

"Recipe" CW? No recipe, really. I probably should have called them fried apple slices. I melt butter. I add whatever spices I want - this time it was cinnamon and nutmeg, plus a little brown sugar. When the butter is melted and the spices/sugar are blended in add sliced apples. Stir to coat, then flip over when the bottoms get golden brown. If you forget about them, just cook them down and call them applesauce. ;) I use them as a side dish, but the next time I think I'll make them as a topping for ice cream.

"Recipe" CW? No recipe, really. I probably should have called them fried apple slices. I melt butter. I add whatever spices I want - this time it was cinnamon and nutmeg, plus a little brown sugar. When the butter is melted and the spices/sugar are blended in add sliced apples. Stir to coat, then flip over when the bottoms get golden brown. If you forget about them, just cook them down and call them applesauce. ;) I use them as a side dish, but the next time I think I'll make them as a topping for ice cream.

I do this with cubed apples as a topping for waffles.

Back
Top Bottom