Dinner Thursday, 5-18-2017 ~ No matter what, it's hot-hot-hot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
No spicy food at our house today, but it's hot enough I might be able to cook eggs on the blacktop. :ermm: Instead, I'll use a big pan. :)

When I grabbed bread for toast today, I found one tiny bit of fuzzy mold. Oops, aged bread isn't a good thing. We'll finish the bread tonight with an omelet (mushrooms and to-be-determined cheese) and a small piece of ham steak from the freezer. Some sort of mixed fruit salad later if I can find my stash of N-R-G.

What's cookin', good lookin'?

Grabbed a little chuck roast from the neighbor's freezer, and a jar of giardinera. It's in the CP right now. And of course I can't remember the recipe, so it's that along with some onion flakes, roasted garlic powder, and a tsp. of BTB beef stuff.

No spicy food at our house today, but it's hot enough I might be able to cook eggs on the blacktop. :ermm: Instead, I'll use a big pan. :)

When I grabbed bread for toast today, I found one tiny bit of fuzzy mold. Oops, aged bread isn't a good thing. We'll finish the bread tonight with an omelet (mushrooms and to-be-determined cheese) and a small piece of ham steak from the freezer. Some sort of mixed fruit salad later if I can find my stash of N-R-G.

What's cookin', good lookin'?

It is pretty hot up there -- hotter than here today. Of course, in August, I'll be wishing for 95 degree weather. I was in Boston once when it was in the mid 90s. It was in July, so it was well over 100 down here. People up there were not taking it well. My telling them it was 10-degrees hotter in Dallas did nothing to ease their discomfort. :LOL:

Tonight, caprese salad, and who knows what else. I have fresh tomatoes from my sister's garden, and fresh basil from my garden. I'm not letting any of those tomatoes go to waste.

BTW, when it is really hot, I go easy on the proteins, and heavy on the fruits and veggies -- and cold beer. :chef:

CD

We're having Kalua Pig and Cabbage all served atop steamed White Rice
(aka Sticky Rice) YUM!!!

kalua pig and cabbage.jpg
[file photo from a previous evening]

WHOA NELLY! Did you hear that?
That was my stomach when I saw that picture :LOL:

There will be cocktail hour here as well in a few.
White Wine (2 Buck Chuck), Coffee for DH,
with TJ's Pita Bite Crackers and TJ's Spanish Cheese Tapas Sampler
and maybe some TJ's Greek Olive Medley :yum:

Grabbed a little chuck roast from the neighbor's freezer, and a jar of giardinera. It's in the CP right now. And of course I can't remember the recipe, so it's that along with some onion flakes, roasted garlic powder, and a tsp. of BTB beef stuff.

Does the neighbor know? :ohmy:

CD :LOL:

We had Reubens using corned beef left over from another meal with homemade Russian dressing and homemade mini batch, quickie fermenting sauerkraut. Side was tater tot crowns.

:LOL: CD

Warm here, but pleasant - only in the high 70's. This afternoon's dinner will be a cold plate with pickin's. Assorted olives and a couple different kinds of pickles, sliced smoked gouda and a few crackers, a deviled egg, sliced carrot and celery, and cucumber rounds. Tiny little cup of ranch for dippin' for the veggies, and probably wine. :)

We're having Kalua Pig and Cabbage all served atop steamed White Rice
(aka Sticky Rice) YUM!!!

View attachment 26878
[file photo from a previous evening]

WHOA NELLY! Did you hear that?
That was my stomach when I saw that picture :LOL:

There will be cocktail hour here as well in a few.
White Wine (2 Buck Chuck), Coffee for DH,
with TJ's Pita Bite Crackers and TJ's Spanish Cheese Tapas Sampler
and maybe some TJ's Greek Olive Medley :yum:

This looks really good, Kgirl. :yum:

Went from a cold, foul spring day to a hot summer day in 24 hours. Had the heat on yesterday morning, AC this afternoon (96F!). Gotta love New England.

Sweet Italian sausages on the grill, lemon basmati in the Zoji, nuked broc.

TJ's orange chicken stir fried with red and green peppers, scallions, mushrooms, and pea pods and served over rice.

Went from a cold, foul spring day to a hot summer day in 24 hours. Had the heat on yesterday morning, AC this afternoon (96F!). Gotta love New England.

I can't tell you just how much warped pleasure I am getting out of your heat wave up there. Yes, it's wrong, but I can't help it. You guys up there laugh at us when it snows down here, and Texans try to drive in it. Well, this is our chance at payback. :LOL:

My living room has a 24-foot ceiling. When it is 30 degrees outside, my living room is 55 degrees... except up at the ceiling where it is 85 degrees. It is a big, square hot-air balloon. When it is 105 outside, my high ceilings are wonderful -- all the hot air is above me.

We don't do cold well, and you don't do hot well.

Stay hydrated. That's all the advice I can give you.

CD

TJ's orange chicken stir fried with red and green peppers, scallions, mushrooms, and pea pods and served over rice.

We had nearly the identical dinner here tonight Andy! I do love that TJ's orange chicken!! Do you use extra orange juice when heating the sauce like I do?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom