Dinner Thursday, 5-8-2014 ~ Draft Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I read the title I thought you meant "draft" as in escaping to Canada to dodge the draft. Was very confused as I thought your armed forces were volunteer organisations.

Is the NFL draft when they decide who's doing to play who?

The NFL draft is where teams choose eligible college players for their teams for the next season. There are lots of rules, apparently: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_draft

I don't follow football but there's been a lot of publicity about it.

Was this Thursday's dinner or tonight's?
I don't think a dinner thread has been started for today yet...

True.
Stirling took her out for an early birthday dinner... Taxy's birthday is Mothers' Day... Happy Birthday Eve... all posted in Thursday's thread on Saturday...
What can I say, I got confused, lol.

Yup. But, he would tell me if it wasn't. He knows I would ask what was better, so I could try to improve it.
Apologies for the spelling mistake! I know I tried to spell it with an "I" but this stupid lap top has a spelling "corrector" and I don't always notice it's done it.

OK.
The Happy Birthday Eve threw me, since you mentioned your birthday was tomorrow.
I slept very badly last night and I'm not firing on all cylinders today. When I saw "Happy Birthday Eve" I thought the comma had been left out between "Happy Birthday" and "Eve".

I thought to myself "I didn't know Taxy's name was Eve!"

Ok. I'm going to bed now. I can't be doing with all this confusion.

Night-night, everyone.

Mad Cook, I also first thought "taxylady" was being addressed as Eve until I remembered that isn't her name. :wacko:

...What can I say, I got confused, lol.
Welcome to my world pac. ;) When I was little and I would ask my Mom where we lived she would tell me "in the state of Confusion honey...". :huh:

Apologies for the spelling mistake! I know I tried to spell it with an "I" but this stupid lap top has a spelling "corrector" and I don't always notice it's done it.
Yeah, spell checkers can be a PITA. I'm reminded of "Frankly auto-correct, I'm tired of your shirt."

I just sorta figured you would know how to spell Stirling since you are a Brit. He was named after the race car driver, Stirling Moss. His middle name is Graham, after another formula 1 driver, Graham Hill. Yes, his parents were big into F1 racing. Stirling has never learned to drive. :LOL:

Rainbow trout with caramelized scallions in white wine and butter. Basmati rice on the side.

Back
Top Bottom